27| 𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐒' 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄

•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚༺♥༻˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

LANIE WAS SPRAWLED OUT onto the sofa in her brother's house, her eyes lazily glued onto the dim light of the television that was playing a rerun of her favorite show, Supernatural. Her heart was beating in anticipation, waiting for the next move her favorite character was going to make.

But as the final moment soon occurred, the sound of static cracking, indicating the television was shut off, made the girl whip her head angrily to see her brother glaring scolding daggers at her.

"What the hell!? That was the best part," Lanie seethed, throwing her hands up in the air.

"You are not going to miss prom," Tyler said as a matter of factly. Lanie groaned in irritation, begrudgingly sitting up from the comfortable sofa.

"I don't even have a dress or a date." Lanie groaned in annoyance, throwing her black faux fur pillow over her exhasperated face.

"You don't need a date to go to prom, you're going to take everyone's breaths away by your presence alone."

"True, but unfortunately, it would be nice to have someone by my side. Running into one of the boys from One Direction would be easier than finding a date for prom."

Maybe Harry Styles can take me to prom. Lanie quickly pushed away the impossible thoughts and refocused her angered attention back on her brother. She huffed in frustration, a strand of her loose hair flowing forwards back onto her face.  

"As I said before, I am not going to prom. End of discussion."

✰*ੈ✩➶༄✰

"I can't believe you've convinced me to go to prom," Lanie sighed happily, smiling up at her unenthusiastic brother who was practically a human shopping rack. Shopping bags were carelessly dangling on his arms, but in his mind, he knew it was worth it when he saw his sister smile for the first time in a long time. 

Turns out after a vexatious bantering between Tyler and Lanie, plus the addition of including a free shopping trip, Lanie decided that going to prom would not be a terrible idea.

Her chestnut locks were flowing under the air conditioning of the mall, the smile that she hadn't worn in a while, was present on her face.

"I convinced you by potentially maxing out my card," Tyler joked, feigning fear, but internally smiling from his sister's contagious grin.

"And I love you very much because of it." Lanie stood on her tiptoes, pressing a gentle kiss on her brother's cheek before walking down the shiny cream-white tiles of the mall.

Her scampering footsteps echoed against the nearly incredibly congested mall, the warm scents of multiple perfumes and colognes giving Lanie a throbbing headache. Her arms brushed against random shoppers, earning a small 'sorry' from the young Capuletgue.