9| 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒

"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐛𝐫𝐚 𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥

"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐛𝐫𝐚 𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥."
•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚༺♥༻˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

"I'M HERE EARLY, MR. LARUSSO. I couldn't really sleep so I decided to come to the dojo early—" When Lanie looked up from her bag, she saw Daniel, with a rather pissed-off look on his face. Lanie's eyes gazed towards the man Daniel was talking to and she couldn't help but tilt her head in confusion, seeming to recognize the man from somewhere.

"Who's this Danny-boy? Didn't know you were getting new soldiers for your fight," Kreese said while inhaling his cigar, the orange-red embers slowly brightening with the air smelling like fresh tobacco.

"Don't talk to him, Lanie. This man is bad news." Daniel tried to reason with the teenager, but her natural instinct was that if someone told her not to do something, she'd do the opposite.

So despite Daniel attempting to drive away Lanie from the man, she simply walked closer to him, analyzing his features, certainly recognizing him from somewhere.

"Do I know you from somewhere? You look like someone I used to know." It was now Kreese's turn to figure out that he has seen this girl before. Her features seemed familiar to him, and he was quick to question Lanie, his curiosity peaking.

"I mean, it's hard to forget this pretty face," Lanie said, shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly. "But to answer your question, no I don't think I know you, but for some reason, you do seem familiar."

Daniel stared at the two, wondering how Lanie was associated with Kreese and he was getting worried, not wanting Lanie to even think about joining Cobra Kai. "All right, you better leave before I call the cops," Daniel said, raising his voice at the older man.

Kreese nodded his head and lit out his cigarette on the bonsai tree, making Daniel cringe. He was about to leave until he turned around and stared at Lanie before speaking up.

"You definitely sound like someone I used to know. You have a good fighter Danny maybe she will see that Cobra Kai is what's best for her in the future," Kreese said, walking away to the gate, leaving the dojo while Lanie and Daniel stood stiffly in their place.

Once Kreese left, Daniel turned to Lanie and questioned her. "How do you know Kreese, Lanie?"

Kreese. That name seemed familiar to Lanie, but she couldn't pinpoint where she heard it from. It was as if she was picking out a memory from her brain, but it was equivalent to finding a needle in a haystack.

"I-I don't know, Mr. LaRusso. For some reason, it feels like I know him."

"Well, you stay away from that man. Kreese is bad news." Daniel walked away further into the dojo, making Lanie stand there awkwardly by herself. She decided to do some stretches and as she sat down on the newly sanded deck, it finally occurred to Lanie where she recognized that older man from.