16| 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

"𝐢𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭" •̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚༺♥༻˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚༺♥༻˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

"OKAY LANIE, WHAT'S UP? You look like shit," Tyler said bluntly to his sister. He scanned her face, seeing the dark circles slowly developing under her eyes and how her body posture seemed flaccid.

"What? No, no, I'm fine." Lanie had her confident facade in place and Tyler didn't seem to buy it. He knew that Lanie was hiding something, but the brother side of him said to wait until she talks to him, but his parent side said to talk to her right now.

"I'm going to get something to drink, do you guys want anything?" Lanie asked, instantly changing the subject.

Carlos and Tyler shook their heads no and Lanie went off to the ICEE stand and drank the blueberry slush as she used the spare tickets she had in her pocket and went to the prize area. But what Lanie didn't expect was to run into a fellow teammate who was working behind the counters.

"Oh my god, Lanie! I haven't seen you ever since the school fight, I'm glad you're okay," Chris said as Lanie smiled sheepishly.

"Thank you, Chris. It was rough at first, but I'm doing okay. Robby definitely helped me through the hardships." Lanie smiled as she mentioned her boyfriend, reminiscing on the phone calls they shared every night when she was cooped up in the hospital.

"I'm glad you and Robby are still together. We need you guys back at Miyagi-Do. You guys were like the parents of our dojo and it's been a wreck without you guys." Both teens shared a laugh and Lanie was about to speak up again until she heard the abrupt voice of the familiar person who seemed to always be around her whenever she went.

"Hey buddy, why don't you be a good girl and give us some of those bobbleheads," Hawk said with a malicious smirk, making Lanie scoff. Hawk turned his head and seemed to be shocked at the sight of Lanie, but his eyes turned dark and cold to hide his vulnerability.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Hawk asked coldly to Lanie.

"To get a break from annoying little dicks, but they seem to keep appearing. You're one of them, by the way." Lanie had a smirk plastered onto her face and she knew she hit a nerve in Hawk when he slowly inched closer to her, his nose flaring in anger.

"You're going to regret saying that to me," Hawk spat, attempting to threaten Lanie.

"Oh, I'm so scared of you," Lanie said mockingly, immediately making the red-haired boy angrier. Before Lanie could walk away in victory, she felt a painful grip on her wrist, wincing from the pain as Hawk practically dragged her out of the prize room and took her into an abandoned laser tag place.

Hawk's intense grip was too strong for Lanie to pry out of so she had to endure the pain that was coursing through her wrist. Her eyes scanned the laser tag room and she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, wondering why Hawk would want to take her into a place like this.