3

Katrina
-

Walking into the restaurant I made my way up the stairs to the outdoor seating. The wind blew through my hair with every step and my heels clacked against the floor as I held a strong hold of my jacket.

When I reached the top I instantly spotted Delon already sitting at the table typing something on his phone. I smiled at the hostess before making my way over to his table.

"Hey." I spoke catching his attention.

"Whats up?" He nodded towards me.

"Hello Ma'am, can I get you anything?" The waitress walked over to the table holding her notepad.

"Yes, can I have a margarita and then a chicken cesar salad please?" I said handing her the menu.

"I stress you out that damn much? You gotta drink right when you get here?" He scoffed, jokingly when she walked away.

"Anyways, I think it's best that we do everything we can to make sure we coparent correctly. We both grew up with two parents and I still want that for Zion even if we're not together." I got straight to the point.

"Most definitely, it shouldn't be no other way." He nodded his head in understanding.

"With that being said we have to keep this as mom and dad. You're Zion's dad and I'm his mom, that's it." I said motioning between us.

"Why you gotta keep saying it like that?"

"Because I don't want any mixed singles between us. I can't go back to that place with you and I mean that." I explained to him.

"But you're not even giving me a chance to show you my growth. The whole time I was gone I felt like we were building something more." He said and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I mean we've grown to be in a better place but on the level of being cordial for our son. I don't have any hatred towards you anymore." I shrugged my shoulders.

"So all the letters and talking on the phone was solely for the sake of Z? You were doing all that just for him? You don't feel nothing else?"

"Yes." I nodded my head.

"That's bullshit Katrina and you know that." He scoffed, looking at me with a mug on his face.

"It's really not, you hurt me and you think everything's all sweet? I was nothing but good to you and you did me so wrong all the time."

"I've apologized and truthfully what did you expect while I was living that life? I couldn't be that caring and faithful man you wanted." He held his hands up like he was making sense.

"You being in the streets doesn't have shit to do with you sticking your dick in a random bitch." I said lowly through my teeth.

"But it does and you know that." He spoke up and I just rolled my eyes. Every conversation about our past was exactly like this and that's why we never worked out.

"How can I be that type of man when I'm out handling dangerous shit all day with no emotions? You knew what I was about when we first started talking and you still laid with me and had my son."

"I knew you were into the streets not a dirty ass cheating dog. Let's not try to blame the victim here." I said as the waiter came over with my stuff.

"Thank you, can I actually have a to go box?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

"Katrina, you knew so stop it. You just didn't care until it was brought to your attention. Did you think I was going weeks without sex from you and not getting it from somewhere else?"