11:1

Katrina
-

"Are you sure you wanna wear these Z? You're gonna be running around and stuff." I asked Zion as he showed me the outfit he picked out that consisted of green cargo shorts, a black t shirt and a pair of green and white ones.

"I don't know mommy they match my outfit." He shrugged his shoulders and I walked over to the closet to help him find different ones. We settled on a pair of crocs instead and let him play while I finished getting dressed.

I was highly conflicted on what I wanted to wear because I knew his family would probably be there and I wanted to make a good first impression but it was also a children's party. I wasn't the person to get extra nervous around new people but I really liked Joshua.

"Z, this looks nice?" I asked walking into his room as he played with his trucks on the floor. I decided on a olive green sweatsuit and a pair of running sneakers. I placed my hair into two long braids and did a little bit of makeup.

"Yeah, nice drip mommy." He said and I shook my head with a smile knowing he probably learned that from Delon.

"Okay, come on so we can leave."

When we got to the hotel venue where the party was being held. I got out the car and grabbed Zion's hand as I walked to the trunk to grab the gift bag and the gift.

"Sign your name Z." I handed him the card and continued to stuff the tissue paper inside of the bag, covering the bratz doll set.

"Here mommy." He handed the card back to me and I placed the Disney gift card in it before sealing the envelope.

"You wanna carry the bag while I get the food?" I asked and he nodded his head taking it from me. When we walked into the lobby I took my phone out and texted Joshua to let him know we were here but he didn't respond so I decided to just go upstairs on my own.

We walked into the room where the party was still being set up and I met eyes with Naomi and another face I didn't recognize.

"Oh hey girl!" Naomi waived me over and I walked over to her, giving her a hug.

"And this must be your baby. What's going on handsome man?" She waived at Zion who waived at her shly, still holding onto my hand.

"Josh will be back in a couple minutes. He just went to check in with the front desk about some things but this is Kenya, Namani's mom." She introduced us and I smiled at her.

"How are you?" She smiled at me and surprisingly reacted out to shake my hand which made the both of us laugh.

"I'm okay and yourself?"

"Tuh, trying to get this party together but your son is so cute! What's his name again?" She looked over and waved at him.

"Zion."

"Hi Zion! Let me take this from you." She grabbed the pans of food from me and placed them on the heating racks where the rest of the food was.

"Thanks, I know we're super early so let me know if you need help with anything. I can definitely help out if you need me too."

"Oh that's okay girl, you're a guest just enjoy yourself. You already cooked food and everything else when you didn't have to." She shook her head.

"I don't mind at all. It's anything for the kids when it comes to me. I love helping out anyways."

"Well I tried to be nice, but if you can just help me set the tables I would love that." She joked and I nodded my head.

"Zion you wanna play with Namani if that's okay with your mommy. She's just right here." Kenya pointed towards a joint open door room that was connected to the venue.

"That's okay. Go ahead Z." I nodded my head, taking the gift bag from him and letting him run off. I was grateful for that one play date we had with Josh and Namani because I knew he was more comfortable playing with her and not being in my sight.

I set the gift bag on the table and began to help setting the tables. I was mentally applauding them for planning and setting up the party on their own instead of paying someone to do it. I got around to the second table when I felt someone put me in a lose headlock making me look up and see Joshua.

"Hey." I said softly, smiling at him.

"What's up? Where's little man?" He asked letting me turn around and face him as he pulled me into an actual hug.

"He's playing with Namani."

"Oh okay, they got you in here working?" He said making Nahomi scrunch her face up at him and suck her teeth.

"First of all we told her no and she still wanted to help so we let her help us. Don't be a hater J."

"That's what it better be." He joked.

"Don't get jumped in here." Kenya added and I laughed at all their foolishness.

"Not jumping him in front of his lady. That's kinda wild I'm not gonna lie." I'm guessing his brother because he looked just like him said.

"I'm Jordan by the way since he didn't introduce us." He reached out to shake my hand and I accepted his hand shake.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled at him.

Once I finished helping them set the tables Joshua insisted that I sit down and be a guest so I went to check on Zion.

"Hi Nami, happy birthday sweet girl." I leaned down to hug her as she played Roblox on her iPad with Zion next to her.

"Hey Ms. Katrina! I'm happy you guys came! I told Zion we're gonna go in the bouncy house and the ball pit when the party started." She smiled up at me as I sat down next to her.

"Oh that's gonna be fun! Z, you're gonna get in the ball pit and the bouncy house?" I laughed at him as he raised his eyebrows and furrowed his face.

Namani was definitely more of an outgoing child that loved running around and being around a lot of people which was the exact opposite of Zion. I was happy that she was helping him out of his comfort zone.