19

Katrina
-

"Wow, this is so nice!" I smiled as I walked into the new salon

"Wow, this is so nice!" I smiled as I walked into the new salon. My interior decorator did her damn thing and made the salon everything I wanted it to be.

"She ate this up I can't lie." Jae nodded his head as he looked around with Kiana following behind him.

"Is this a lash bar?" Kiana raised her eyebrows and then turned back around to face us.

"Yeah, it's all yours. I know you been working your ass off for the last year to gain clients for lashes and brows so I incorporated a space in the salon for you to do that."

"Oh my god." She pouted and her eyes instantly became watery as she walked over and hugged me. Before I could protest her arms were wrapped around my stomach.

"What the hell?" Are you - is she?" She glanced over at Jae who held a confused look on his face.

"What are you talking about girl?"

"Katrina, you're pregnant?" Kiana asked and I watched as Jae's eyes damn near jumped out his head.

"What? Stop playing with me." He walked over and touched my stomach, immediately jumping back when he felt the very present bump.

"You're pregnant bitch!" He yelled and I slowly nodded my head with a small smile on my face.

"Let us see your tummy!" Kiana jumped up and down excitedly as I lifted up my baggy sweater to show them my protruding stomach.

It was almost like my stomach grew overnight and it was becoming more difficult to hide it with oversized clothes. I planned on telling everyone about the baby real soon because I would no longer be able to hid it.

"Oh my gosh! How far along are you?" Jae asked as he rubbed my stomach making the baby move around a little bit.

"I'll be five months in a couple days. I was gonna tell you guys but I wanted to make sure everything was okay first."

"We understand sis. You don't have to explain anything to us but now we have a baby shower to plan." Kiana said making Jae nod in agreement.

"My mom and J's sister are gonna wanna help but of course you guys can plan it. I literally have no energy for that."

"Did he tell his family yet?" Jae and I shook my head. We both agreed to wait a little while before telling our family's no matter how excited he was.

"Our kids, Namani's mom, and now you guys are the only ones that know about the baby. We're gonna tell our families this week."

"That's what's up. I'm happy for you sis."

-

"Do you want a brother or a sister?" I asked Zion as I sat in his room and packed his bag to go to his fathers house.

"Mmh." He tapped his lips as if he was thinking really hard. "I want a brother because I don't know what to do with a sister."

"You can still play with a sister, teach her things, and stuff like that." I said to him as I placed his clothes inside the bag.

"You want a girl mommy?" He raised his eyebrows at me with a lowkey mug making me laugh at him. He knew I wanted a girl but loved to talk about how much he wanted a brother instead.

"Mmh maybe then I can play dress up and do her hair." I smiled to myself as I thought about it.

"You do my hair mommy." He pointed to his braids and I laughed at him becoming slightly jealous.

As I finished packing his bag I left him in his room to play in his Nintendo switch while I went downstairs to clean up. A lot of the things in the house were still packed up in boxes because I was confident that Joshua and I would get over our shit soon.

"Hold on!" I called out when I heard someone ringing the door bell. When I got to the door Delon was standing there leaned against the door frame.

"I'll get him, hold on."

"Damn, I can't come inside no more." He joked but I didn't think shit was funny.

"Nothing is fucking funny Delon. And no you can't come in my house because you no longer know boundaries." I whispered not wanting Zion to hear us.

"Man." He sucked his. " I wasn't even crossing no boundaries. I was just reminiscing on the old times. I didn't mean to cause no issue with you and ole boy."

"You're an asshole." I closed the door before calling out to Zion so he could come down the stairs.

When he got to the bottom of the stairs I opened the door and then leaned down to kiss his face. "I love you, be good." I hugged him.

"Love you too, mommy."

"Alright, come on man." Delon rubbed the back of his head and unlocked the door so he could get in the car.

"Yes?" I said as he stood in front of my house of getting in the car and spending time with his son.

"Alright real talk. I was outta pocket for getting on your phone like that. It's just my moms is sick and shit so I'm trying to cope with that and the fact that I been missing you." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Delon, please. Im sorry about your mom but you gotta stop making excuses for your actions. You're too damn old for this."

"Ight heard." He nodded his head. "So you really see a future with ole boy cause he's not really your type if we're being honest."

"Why are you worried about that? And he's not my type because he has his head on straight and doesn't run the streets when he's damn near thirty years old?"

"You don't gotta mad." He shrugged his shoulder with a smile on his face. "I'm just saying."

"Just keep your memories and thoughts to yourself."

-

Wow this book is already at 50k + and I'm so grateful for it! There's gonna be some drama coming soon but in the mean time what do y'all think Katrina and Joshua are having.

Team Boy or Team Girl?