21

Katrina
-
"Yes sis! Free the stomach!" Jae ran over to me and touched my very big stomach as I walked into the salon. It was like my stomach grew overnight and now I was huge so there was no point in hiding it.

I was getting closer and closer to my due date so I was only take appointments for blow outs and silk presses so I wasn't on my feet too long during the day.

Luckily today I didn't have any appointments booked so I could just chill at the salon while Z when to school and J went to work.

I could happily say that we've moved into a four bedroom condo not too far from the city and we're preparing for the birth of our baby despite all the bullshit going on.

"Y'all still don't have a name?" He asked as I sat down in my chair and took a sip of my ice water.

"Nope, he doesn't like any of the names that I come up with and I'm getting annoyed because he's so picky." I rolled my eyes.

"Just name her Jaelyn and get it over with." He mumbled making me look over at him.

"Boy no! You play too much!"

"Sis, his parents named him Joshua. That's why he's so damn picky about names. You ever met a black man named Joshua?" Kiana said and I busted out laughing.

"Not too much on my man sis. His dad's family is actually Samoan so that might play a role his name but I have no idea. Maybe his parents just liked the name." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Mmmm." She nodded her head. "They know about the baby right?"

"Yeah, we went over their house to give them a little gift bag with the ultrasound picture in it and stuff. His parents were so happy and his mom started crying so then I started crying too." I laughed at how emotional I was being.

"Awe, I can't wait to meet them at the baby shower. I already have my outfit picked out too." Kiana said making me laugh.

"This is how you're moving?" I heard making me look towards the door to see Delon coming in.

"Here we go." I mumbled to myself as I stood up to walk towards the door. I refused to let him act a fool in my salon.

"Where you going?" He scoffed as he followed me outside and off to the side of the building away from my clients.

"Can I help you?"

"What the fuck is this? You let that nigga get you pregnant?" He spat angrily as he pointed to my stomach.

"Oh my god! How does that fucking concern you? You're not my dude so get that through your head Delon. I try so hard to be cordial with you and you make it difficult all the time."

"This is fucking crazy. I thought your pops was lying when he told me this bullshit." He said as he paced back and forth mumbling to himself.

I stared at him for a moment and then raised my eyebrows at his body language."What is wrong with you?"

"You! Why the fuck would you let him get you pregnant? It's really fuck the motherfucker who gave you everything you got right?"  He said and I scrunched up my face.

"Gave who everything?"

"You!" He yelled and I couldn't help but to laugh in disbelief at how he was acting. It was like he couldn't help to show how obsessed he was with me.

"What the fuck is funny?" He stepped to me as he pulled his pants up and grabbed my arm.

"Get the fuck off me." I tried to yank out his hold but he just gripped my arm tighter."

"Yo! What the fuck is going on?" I heard.

-

Joshua

"Why the fuck are you touching her?" I spoke to Katrina's bitch ass baby father as I got out my car.

The plan was to drop her off something to eat but when I got to the salon Jae told me she stepped outside to talk.

I tried to respect the fact that they were talking but they were taking too long for my liking. As soon as I got to the corner of the building I saw him holding her arm and that shit made me hot.

"Oh! You wanna go too?" He laughed as he let her go of her arm shoving her a bit and then turned his attention to me.

"Are you fucking dumb?" I stepped to him but Katrina stepped in the middle of us.

"He's not even worth this shit. We have way too much to lose and that's exactly what he wants." She said to me.

"Yeah listen to her. She's trying to save you." He went on saying and I was tempted to move Katrina and knock his ass out but I knew that would cause even more issues.

"Man, get your goofy ass on. If you put your hands on my woman again I'm going to put your stupid ass on the ground like I fucking said."

"That's a threat? Am I supposed to be scared of you or something?" He yelled while looking around to see if anyone was paying attention. At that point I knew he was a whole clown that just wanted some attention.

"It's a fucking promise. Come on Katrina." I grabbed her hand and helped her step off the sidewalk so she could get into the car.

"Thats exactly what the fuck I thought. You dealing with my leftovers and have the audacity to step to me." He went on running his mouth as I tried to block him out.

I knew he was trying to get a rise out of me and I was tempted to give him the attention he wanted until I felt Katrina pulling on my hand.

"Baby, can we please just go? He's just trying to make you made so he can get a kick out of it. You're a business man and a dad with too much shit lose. He doesn't have anything to lose and he knows that." She said me and I nodded my head, listening to her.

"I hear you Katrina. I really do but this disrespect shit isn't going to slide too much longer."

-

Did y'all like Joshua's point of view?

Delon is on his shit as usual....

Leave baby name ideas! Be creative!

Also for this to be my first book the stats are amazing! thank you so much besties! 🥺