11:2

Katrina
-

"Nah, who made these wings cause these shits smack." I heard from a distance but I was too busy helping Zion get food to see who was talking.

"Stop swearing around the kids!" I heard Naomi yell at whoever was talking along with a sigh.

"My bad but I'm serious. I'm gonna need a pan of these to myself at the next event cause let me tell you." He said as he stood near the table with a plate full of wings.

"I think Katrina made them." Kenya spoke up.

"Who?" I heard him say and I laughed to myself as we walked back to the table.

"Joshua's girlfriend. You didn't meet her?" She pointed her thumb in my direction and raised her eyebrows at him.

"Girlfrienddd? Wait a damn minute when did he get a fucking girlfriend!?" He raised his voice and looked in my direction.

"Watch your mouth Adrian, oh my god." One of the girls at the table wacked his arm, probably his girlfriend.

"My bad, I'm Adrian. I didn't even know you were with J. You made those teriyaki wings though?"

"It's all good but yeah, and the Mac & cheese." I nodded my head at him.

"Oh so you can cook for real? I'm not even gonna lie your food smacks heavy. I'm about to make me a plate to go before it's gone." He complimented my food.

"Thank you." I smiled.

When we finished eating our food I got up from the table and made my way over to the spinning photo booth and took one of those videos with Zion and then one by myself. I then forced him to take another picture with me inside of the actual photo booth that printed them out.

"Just one more, I promise." I smiled as I handed the phone to Joshua and crouched down in front of the backdrop, wrapping my arms around Zion.

"Trina he's over taking pictures with you." Joshua joked as he handed the phone to me with a laugh.

"I know, you can go play with the kids." I rubbed the top of his fresh braids and let him go.

"She's having so much fun." I smiled looking over at Namani who was dressed in a sparkly pink tutu, a white birthday girl shirt and pink converse, playing in the ball pit.

"Yeah, I'm glad y'all came." He kissed my cheek and I smiled but it soon faded when I looked over to see someone grilling the hell out of me.

"Do you know that girl to the left?" I said him once she looked away from me.

"That's Kenya's best friend, why?"

"I don't know if it's me but she's mugging me heavy. I don't know the girl but she's like mean mugging me." I said to him, grateful that the music was playing so no one could hear our conversation.

"I don't know what that's about. Let me know if she keeps doing it and I'll say something." He looked over in her direction just as confused as me.

"You must be Katrina. My son can't stop talking about you." I turned my head and saw an older version of Joshua. He was literally a splitting image but his facial hair was peppered with grey hairs to match the hair on his head. I knew he was his father but only because of the looks but also because his shirt read granddad of the birthday girl.

"I am, it's nice to meet you." I smiled as he basically pulled me into one of those dad bear hugs.

"Ight not too much on my lady old man." Joshua joked and pushed his shoulder playfully.

"Right, your mom will have my damn head." He whispered as a short lady with brown skin and bouncy black curls with grey streaks walked over to us.

"This is Katrina, huh?" She smiled reaching her arm out to hug me which I accepted and hugged her back.

"Yeah, that's me. Nice to meet you."

"It's nice to finally meet you. We hear about you so much but it's nice to see the woman who has my son dizzy." She made a spinning motion with her finger and I laughed.

"Alright, that's enough." Joshua grabbed her hand.

A couple hours later we ended up singing happy birthday to Namani while Kenya handed out favor boxes to the kids and cut the cake.

Zion told me he was full and didn't want any cake but I got him a slice anyways and would save it for myself since he wasn't a sweets person. I collected my plates of food, cake, and Zions fave box, tying them into a bag before I looked around to find Joshua. I knew he was probably busy cleaning up but I didn't wanna just leave so without speaking to him so I hung around outside to wait for him.

"Here this is for you." Kenya handed me an adult favor box that read thank you on the top as she came out the venue with a large box full of gifts.

"Thanks, and thank you for letting us come. We had a lot of fun with y'all." I leaned over to hug her once she put the box in her trunk.

"Of course, you're mad cool and I can tell that Josh really likes you girl. I'm glad you're easy to get along with." She said and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Kenya! Can you stop talking and help me." I looked up to see the same girl from earlier who was mugging me. I mentally rolled my eyes and knew that was my cue to go.

"Candice, I'm coming! I'll see y'all later." She smiled at me one last time before running inside.

I looked down at my phone and saw there was a message from Josh telling me not to leave and that he was coming outside. I told him okay before strapping Zion in his booster seat and placing my bag in the car.

"Bye Ms.Trina! Bye Zion!" Namani waved tiredly as Josh carried her to Kenya's car and strapped her in.

"Bye sweetie! Happy birthday!" I waived back at her.

"Text me when you get home?" Joshua walked over to me and pecked my lips, hugging me tight.

"Mmh, I'll talk to you later."