15:1

Katrina | 1 week later
-

Rolling over in my bed I groaned at the tight feeling in my stomach. I was on day three of my period and although the cramps weren't as bad as yesterday they were still there.

"Zion, come on baby." I called as I walked down the hallway and scratched my head.

Peaking my head into his room I saw him sitting on the bed, putting his socks on.

"How long have you been up?" I rubbed my eyes and then raised my eyebrows at him.

"Not too long mommy. I got myself dressed because I know your tummy hurts but I need you to make me breakfast because the stove is a no zone." He said and I laughed lightly.

"Let me get dressed and I'll make you something to eat before I drop you off."

I walked back into my room, jumped in the shower quickly and decided to slip on a matching black sweatsuit with a pair of crocs. I brushed my hair into a quick ponytail and made my way downstairs.

"What you wanna eat Z?" I asked him as I opened the fridge and looked at our options. I was thankful his school was pretty close to our house so I had enough time to cook in the morning.

"Umm, cheese eggs and toast!"

"And sausage or bacon?" I asked him.

"Sausage please." He said and I nodded my head. I cooked the sausage links our the fridges and let them cook while I best the eggs in a bowl. As I added the cheese my phone began to vibrate in my pocket.

"Hey sweet face." I smiled as I propped my phone up on the counter and stepped back so he could see me.

"Hey baby, you about to take Z to school?" He asked and nodded my head.

"Mmh, I'm making him a little breakfast first and then I'm gonna drop him off."

"Why you cheesing so hard?" He said making me look up from the pan with a smile on my face.

"I don't know what you're talking about but I see you're smiling extra hard over there. You must be thinking about me." I pursed my lips at him and he nodded his head.

"I'm always thinking about your fine self but I'm gonna come pick you up after work. I was thinking at like six, that should be enough time for you to get dressed or whatever y'all women do."

"Boy please, you take longer than me to get ready but six is enough time because my hair and nails are already done thanks to my man getting me right." I smiled at him.

Earlier this week he paid for me to get a whole mommy makeover kind of thing. I got my natural nails painted real pretty, my eyebrows done and he paid Kiana to give me a fresh sew in even though she said she'd do it for free.

"You know how we do. I keep you right and you keep me right." He said and I smiled as I turned to wash out the bowl and pan I just used. I hated dishes being left in my sink even for a small period of times

"Wait, turn back around for me." Joshua said making me straight face him and pick the phone up from the counter.

"Ew no, you're over here lusting like I'm not wearing this big ass overnight pad and bleeding from my vagina." I said and he busted out laughing like it was the funniest thing he ever heard.

"Joshua, it's not that damn funny. You can probably see my pad too." I broke my straight face and laughed a little bit at his childish self.

"Nah, you're good. The only thing I can see is all that ass in those sweatpants. Your hips are spreading baby." He licked his lips at me and I just shook my head.

There was denying that I was actually starting to gain alot of weight in my thighs which was a blessing and a curse. I was slowly becoming upset with the way my clothes were fitting but I was also happy because I was finally able to gain some weight after being skinny all my life.

Shaking my head I continued to smile as I finished cooking the eggs and took the sausage out the pan. I popped a couple piece of bread in the roaster for myself and pulled the jelly out the fridge.

"Z!"

"Come get your food!" I called out to him as I scooped the eggs onto the bread and placed it on a plate for him.

"You're always calling my boy's name. I know he gets tired of your ass." He joked and I rolled my eyes at his trouble making self.

"Thank you mommy." Zion smiled as he walked into the kitchen and took the plate from me.

"You wanna say hi to J?" I moved the phone down so they could see each other in the frame.

"Hey J!"

"What's up Z? You getting on your moms nerves for me?" Joshua asked him and I squinted my eyes when Zion nodded his head with a big ass smile on his face.

"Alright, bye Zion!" I joked with him as I ushered him out the kitchen. "You're making my son bad."

"You'll be alright. You got one of the best behaved little boys I know."

-

"What do you mean you're not picking him up. Today is your day to have him." I yelled into the phone at Delon.

"Yeah, but something came up so you gotta get him."

"I have plans and you know that. Why are you being an asshole and trying to ruin my day?

"I'm being an asshole because you gotta get your son from school? You're sounding real crazy, Katrina."

"What the fuck ever! I swear I can't stand you." I yelled at him before hanging up the phone. I knew for sure my period was making me emotional because I felt myself wanting to cry.

Sucking up my tears I wiped my face and thought about what I was going to do if he really didn't pick him up from school. I wound hate to cancel my plans with Joshua but that's what it was looking like.