10

1k readers already! thank you so much! I would love for there to be more comments on the chapters! the more votes & comments the more I update!

3 months later

Katrina
-

"Can I have them with bbq sauce instead of buffalo sauce?" I said to the cashier as I ordered my food before I got home. Usually I stood order ahead of time but the shop was packed and I didn't have the time.

"Of course, and what would you like to drink?"

"I'll have the peach lemonade."  I told her as I pulled my card out the slit in the back of my phone to pay when I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me closer to them.

"What's up?" Joshua smiled and I damn near started jumping up and down as I wrapped my arms around his neck, cheesing.

"Now what if I wasn't me and you're rubbing on me?" I joked once I pulled away from his hug.

"I know that body, woman."

"Mmh, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I came to get some food like you. This is my sister's restaurant." He said and my mouth went agape. I came in here all the damn time durning my lunch break but I never saw him.

"Wait, Naomi is your sister?" I looked between the two of them, now realizing the resemblance.

"Yup, that's my big brother. How do y'all know each other?" She raised her eyebrows at the two of us.

"This is my girl." Josh spoke up and I felt my body heat up a little bit as she widened her eyes at him.

"You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend, sneaky ass."

"Yeah, cause your ass is nosey, but I got her food. Let me get my regular." He said as he moved me out the way and stuck his card into the machine.

"Thank you." I smiled taking out my wallet anyways to put a five dollar bill inside of the tip jar.

After he paid we sat down in one of the little booths in the corner, next to each other and waited for the food to get done.

"You look so good." I smiled reaching my hand up to run it through his beard. One thing about him was he always kept his beard and hair looking clean as hell and I loved that.

"Thanks mama." He leaned down and kissed my lips. We shared a couple more kisses before we pulled away and he placed his head in my neck, laying on me as we laced our hands together.

"I smell like a flat iron." I said since I was still in my work clothes. I knew I probably looked a hot mess still in my work shirt, flared yoga pants, and running sneakers while he was looking all good.

"A little bit, that Chanel perfume is strong though." He mumbled making me smack his shoulder playfully.

"I been meaning to ask you something though. We been kicking it for a little minute now and I'm real comfortable around you so I was wondering if meeting my daughter is something your interested in. She's having a little party with some of her friends for her birthday. I would love for you and your son to come." He said and I looked down at him.

It had been almost five months since we first started talking and three since he asked me out, but we've never met each other's kids. We both agreed that there were certain boundaries we wanted to maintain until we were sure about each other and our kids were number one.

"Really?" I pouted down at him.

"I mean yeah, of course it's something I would have to talk to her moms about but I know it's not gonna be a problem. She'll wanna meet you but that's really it."

"We can set up a play date with the kids or something before the play date if that's cool." He explained to me and I nodded my head.

"I get that one hundred percent I would want to meet anyone around my child as well. I'm definitely willing to meet her if that's okay with her mom."

"Cool, I'll let you know." He said and my mind drifted to him meeting Zion. I was okay with at least introducing them but I knew Delon was going to give me hell.

"I want you to meet my son too, I just have to work some things out with his father first."

"I hear you, don't feel pressured into nothing." He kissed my forehead and then our number was called for the food.

-

"Go in the house Z. I have to ask your dad some thing real quick." I kissed his head and unlocked the door for him.

"What I do now?" Delon joked as he rolled the window down and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Nothing yet, I wanna talk to you about something though. Can I get in?" I said and he glared over at me before nodding his head.

"Um, I wanted to let you know that I have a boyfriend. I feel like I should tell you because we're really serious and I want you guys to meet for the sake of knowing each other and Zion."

"Run that back." He sat up from his slouched position and I just stared at him because I knew he heard everything I said.

"Delon be for real. I'm not even joking."

"Do I know the nigga because everybody knows your off limits? Actually, how long have you known him for to be bringing him to my attention?" He scrunched up his face, clearly getting upset.

"Off limits? Please cut the bullshit and act like an adult when it comes to your child. I'm coming to you respectfully so give me that same respect."

"You talking about brining some boyfriend around my son. Did you think I was gonna be cool with that? If I brought some bitch around Zion you would go for that shit?"

"What are you swearing for? I just said I'm asking you out of respect of being his dad and would expect you to do the same." I threw my hand up and turned my head at him.

"Nah, I'm not going for that."

"Not going for what? You don't wanna meet him?" I asked and he stayed quiet, ignoring me.

"Okay, well I tried to be respectful and do this like adults so I don't wanna hear anything about it."

"What the fuck does that mean? I said I don't want my son around nobody you fucking on, respect that." He mocked me and I squinted my eyes at his childish ass.

"You don't even know him! I could see if you had a valid reason but you're just being spiteful because you can't get over me!"

"I'm not worried about you Katrina. Everything's not about you." He laughed and I couldn't figure out what was funny.

"Well his daughter is having a birthday party and I'm bringing Zion so get in your feelings about it since you wanna be immature ." I said being childish but serious at the same time.

"So fuck what I said?"

"Yes, because you're being an asshole about the situation. I've been talking to him for almost five months and you know I wouldn't bring a stranger around my son."

"Ight get out my car." He waved me off picking his phone up out the cup holder as a text from someone named Candi flashed across his screen.

"Fuck you and your car." I slammed the door and made my way back inside of the house.