15:2

Katrina
-

"Come on, stop looking all sad." Joshua whispered when he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug.

After Delon refused to pick Zion up and keep him for the night like he said he would I called Joshua and let him know. I felt beyond bad that I had to cancel the plans we had but he insisted that it was okay and understood that my son always came first.

When we were on the phone Namani ending up FaceTiming him and asking if she could come over his house because her school was closed for teacher conferences. He text me later on asking if I wanted to have a family night with the kids and of course I agreed to it.

"I'm not." I broke my annoyed face and gave him a smile. I was lowkey in a shitty mood because of the mess that happened earlier but tried to push that feeling away for the sake of the energy.

"Hi Ms.Trina." Namani walked over to me and hugged my thigh and I leaned down to hug her.

"Hey Mani, you're hair looks so cute! You're mommy always keeps your hair cute." I smiled at her hair that was braided Fulani style wrapped into two bantu knots with the back out. She had rainbow beads on the ends and her little baby hairs swooped.

I couldn't deny that being around her at times made me want a little girl of my own so I could do her hair and pick out her clothes but only when the time was right.

After we all spoke to each other the kids decided they wanted to play in the arcade first so that's what we did. Being that Joshua was naturally competitive he wanted to battle me in every game that we played.

He won basketball, or course.

I won beer pong.

And now we were playing some game where we were on opposite teams and had to take each other out. We were at each other's necks and I was slightly beating him until he grabbed the toy gun I was shooting with and push it away from the screen.

"Josh stop!" I yelled at him as he laughed, thinking something was funny until I grabbed his arm and slightly pulled him away from the screen but he already won the game.

"You're so annoying." I rolled my eyes playfully as he clapped loudly and made obnoxious noises.

"Don't be made you're a loser. I'll let you win next time to make you feel better, baby."

Pursing my lips at him I was caught off guard when Namani and Zion ran over to us holding more than enough tickets.

"Look mommy! I hit the jackpot!" Zion jumped around as him and Namani waved them around.

"Wow, y'all were playing all the games, huh?" I helped them gather the tickets off the floor so we're could turn them in to get prizes later.

We played games for a little while longer before we turned in all of our tickets and let the kids pick out the prizes they wanted. After we ordered food for the table and the kids ate they decided they wanted to play a little more but because my body was sore I decided to stay at the table and eat.

"My big baby. You okay?" Joshua came back to the booth and pulled me into a big side hug, rubbing up and down my arms playfully as he hugged me.

"My body is sore." I whined before fixing my face into a small smile. My period was coming to an end but the symptoms were still very much present.

"I just wanna shower and go to sleep." I yanwed laying my head on his shoulder.

"Namani wanted to go back to the house and make ice cream sundaes with Zion but if you're not feeling good I get it babe."

"No, I'm okay. I'm just feeling sore but I'm not in any pain right now. Maybe I'll feel better after eating some ice cream." I smiled up at him.

-

"That shower and ice cream got you feeling better , huh?" Joshua smiled at me as I sat on his bed. When we got back to his house the kids made ice cream sundaes and then settled on playing Robux together.

I quickly got into the shower and changed into some clothes I left at his house before getting some ice cream of my own so we could watch a movie.

"I'm gonna steal a pair of your socks because my feet are cold, okay?" I told him as I went into his sock draw and pulled out a pair to put on my feet.

"Ima clean out a draw for you and all your stuff." He said and I slowly looked up at him to see if he was saying what I thought he was.

"Yeah, so I can keep my stuff here sometimes." I laughed softly as I pulled the long socks over my leggings.

"Or all the time." He looked at me and I smiled.

"You really mean that? Or are you telling me I leave all my stuff at your house and you're sick of it?"

"Nah, I'm serious. It would be nice to have y'all around here all the time. I mean it doesn't have to be in this house, but you know coming home to each other would be nice." He in the most serious time he's had since I met him.

The idea of coming home to a family was something that I would love but I couldn't help but to think about the open cps case I had and how that would have to be resolved before anything.

Also the dreading conversation I would have to have with Delon when the time came.

-

filler chapter