6

Katrina
-

"Bitch, what do you mean you don't have an outfit?" Tasha asked as I was on FaceTime with her.

I was currently getting ready for my date with Joshua and I just couldn't put an outfit together.

After getting his number at the gym we started texting back and forth and our energy was crazy.

He was an extremely fun person to talk to and I actually felt like he could be someone to keep around whether it was on a serious level or not.

I was already running around because I was meeting him at eight but it was going on seven and my makeup wasn't even done.

"I can't find anything that looks cute. Like I don't want to do too much but I wanna look cute." I said as I walked around my closest and looked for something else.

"Wait, go back to those brown pants."

"This one?" I asked taking down the wide length brown pants that tied at the top. It was actually a set that came with a cute long sleeved matching  top that tied in the front.

"Okay, wear they set with those cute cream and brown colored heels you have and boom. You know how to make the outfit look cute after that, put some jewelry on and brush your curls out."

"That does sound cute." I nodded my head as I thought about how everything would look and how fast I could get it done.

After I hung up with Laila I instantly went into fast mode. I started on my makeup and decided to go with a natural best since I really didn't have time for anything else.

I pulled on the high waisted pants, buttoned the shirt in the front and then slipped on my heels. I brushed my body wave curls out lightly and finally but on my jewelry before heading out the house.

-

"You look beautiful, for real." Joshua hugged me as I walked into the outdoor restaurant with him. It was on my bucket list to attend one and I was beyond excited once I saw the setup. There was a light up pathway we had to walk in order to get to our table that was just along a pretty section of water.

"Thanks, you look good too." I smiled as we pulled back from the hug. He smelled so good and was dressed so well. His hair was freshly shaved on the sides and he had a good amount of hair that sat on top of his head neatly. It was something about knowing a man took care of his facial hair the hit me and I could tell from his full healthy beard that he did.

"Preciate it." He said while reaching his hand out for mine and I gladly took as he led me down the pathway.

"It's so pretty here." I said looking at all the beautiful flowers and lights that were hanging up.

When we got to the table he pulled out my chair for me and pushed it in before taking his own seat across from me. I was already enjoying how much of a gentleman he was because that's something I never experienced.

Somehow we ended up talking about tattoos and I showed him the sleeve I had on my arm since I already knew about his. He was definitely educated in the tattoo department and let me know he got his first one when he was fifteen years old. I loved that he really knew what he was talking about because he could answer all my questions and that allowed us to bond more.

"I didn't take you as the type to be a foodie." I smiled at him as we looked over the menu together. He knew much more about what was good since he came here with his family a lot so he was able to help me make decisions.

"I like to try new things and there but for the most part I sick to eating what I know. My daughter likes to try new food so I take her to different places to see what she likes."

"Awe that's so sweet. How old is she if you don't mind me asking?" I asked before taking a sip of my strawberry lemonade.

"She turned six in January."

"Awe my son will be six in a couple weeks. What's her name again?" I smiled.

"Namani, and your sons name?"

"Zion."

"That's right because you call him Z?" He said and instantly started laughing because whenever we were on FaceTime I would be yelling "Z!" when he was too quiet or doing something he wasn't supposed to.

"Not too much on me, but yeah that's my little baby."

"Im gonna be honest, it's refreshing talking to someone who has a kid because I can talk about my daughter without feeling like a burden. People without kids hate kids and I can't be around that. I like talking about my daughter." He joked and I instantly nodded my head in agreement.

"I was thinking the same thing. It's really natural as hell that we're sitting here bonding over the fact that we're parents. I love my son to death and I can tell you love your daughter so much. I just know she's a lucky little girl."

We talked a little while longer about any and everything before the waitress brought the food to our table.

"If you try it I'll try the oyster." I laughed hysterically as Joshua scrunched his face up at me and shook his head.

"That's not no deal, girl!"

"What do you mean?" I tried to ask with a serious face but I just ended up laughing again.

"But I don't like mushrooms." I told him.

"And I don't want no oyster, it's all slimy looking and everything else." He shook his head at me.

"You're missing out." I shrugged my shoulders with a smile before eating another one.

When we finished eating our food  we decided to share this scone strawberry shortcake desert they had before boxing out food and leaving the restaurant.

"I had fun with you." I smiled as he held onto my hand and I swung it back and forth softly.

"I had with you too, I like being around you." He said as he leaned in to hug me and instantly butterflies swarmed my stomach.

Being that he was about 6'5 and I was 5'9 without heels on I stood right under his chin so he was able to stand comfortably while his arm was around me.

"Text me when you get home so I know you're safe." He said once he pulled back from the hug and opened my car door for me.

"I will and you do the same." I kissed his lips.