4

Delon
-

"So you're not tryna slide through? I can get you a block quick as hell." My boy, Timmy said as we walked out the corner store.

"Nah, I'm not even doing that shit no more." I shook my head at him. Six years was a long ass time without my freedom and I wasn't trying to do nothing that would compromise that.

It was bad enough I was away from my son that long and if I could change it I would. If I knew Trina was pregnant back then I would've left that street shit alone for the sake of my child but it's too late for a that now.

"You a changed man now? You going pussy on us now?" He raised his eyebrow before roughly shaking my shoulder.

"Never pussy, I just gotta be better for my son."

"Damn, I forgot you had a son with Katrina. Y'all still fucking around or what?" He asked while counting his stack of money he told me he made from standing on the block earlier in the day.

"We ain't like that no more."

"So she's on the market?" He said and I damn near wanted to choke this nigga out. Even when we weren't together that's still all me and everyone in the hood knew that shit.

"Nah, that's my baby moms and she's not even on that type of energy." I said in a serious ass time letting him know I wasn't playing.

When I got back to the car I decided to pull up to my mother's house to visit her. As I was driving I looked down and saw my phone vibrating in the cup holder.

"What's up, Trina?"

"Hey, I just got a call from Zion's school saying he threw up and I'm in the middle of a clients hair. Can you go get him for me?" She asked.

It had been a few weeks since I got out and actually started bonding with him. I was pretty much a new parent but I knew how to take care of my son the same way my pops too care of me and my brothers.

I could tell he was used to Katrina babying him but I was about to switch all that shit up because my son wasn't gonna grow up soft.

"Yeah, I got him." I nodded my head while busting an illegal ass U-turn and heading in the direction of the school.

"Okay, I told them that you're coming to get him so let me know if they give you a hard time."

"Ight, I'll call you when I get him."  I nodded.

It took me a little while to get to him since she had him going to some boujee ass school but when I did I pulled into one of the parking spots and made my way inside of the school.

"How can I help you?" The lady at the front desk looked up at me as she typed on the computer.

"I'm here to pick up my son, Zion Dixon."

"Oh yes, he's in the nurses office. I'll just have someone walk him down here." She said and I nodded my head.

When she placed the sheet of paper in front of me  I signed him out and then turned to see him slowly walking down the hallway. I could just tell by the look on his face that he wasn't feeling good.

"What's up Z?" I asked as he reached his arms to me and I shook my head at him.

"Nah man, you can walk to the car." I rubbed the top of his head and he looked up at me with glossy eye but that didn't have an effect on me.

"So it seems that he has some kinda of stomach virus, he had a really high temperature when we came into my office but it has gone down."

"I would recommend keeping him home for the rest of the week until he feels better." She told me and I nodded my head taking the backpack from her.

When we got to the car I made sure he was strapped in before making my way to Katrina's salon. The rest of the car ride he was quiet and I glanced at him every so often to make sure he was good.

"Well look at this." Tasha mumbled when I walked inside and in refrained from saying anything to her. I already knew she didn't like a nigga but that didn't matter cause at the end of the day I'm always gonna be around.

"I said I was coming." Trina said as she finished wrapping her clients hair and then went over get her customers change.

"Awe, my poor baby." She pouted picking him up and rubbing his back as he began to sniffle. This is exactly what I meant with the soft shit she had going on.

"I'll be right back Jae. Let me get him situated and I'll come back to help y'all." She said and I looked around at the busy shop.

"Trina go home and take care of your baby. We got everything handled over here." He said while doing his clients hair.

"Are you guys sure? I don't wanna just leave y'all with the walk-ins and stuff." She asked and one of the girls spoke up.

I couldn't even lie she was looking fine as hell dressed in a pair of rolled jeans that complimented her thick figure and a cropped shirt with the shop logo that allowed her flat stomach to show. Trina had a whole bunch of fine ass females working in here and it didn't help that a nigga just got out.

"We're good sis, take care of your baby."

"Okay, thank you guys. I'll be back in the morning and I'll call later to see how everything is going." She said as she grabbed her purse from her station and made sure her stuff was unplugged.

"You okay baby?" She rubbed his back as we walked out of the salon and over to her car.

"You taking him?" I asked her.

"I just left work so I might as well just stay with him and make sure that he's okay. What did the nurse say?"  She asked while sliding into the other side of the car to buckle him in.

"He got a stomach bug but he'll be alright." I raised my eyebrows at her and watched as she walked around to the drivers side of her car.

"You don't sound concerned at all." She snapped at me and I scrunched my face up at her.

"What the fuck you want me to say?"

"Who are talking to?" She said and I waved her off. She always wanted to argue with me and I didn't have time for that.

"Go ahead, Katrina."

"We got a kid together. I don't understand why you always have to be so fucking rude all the time." I threw my head back confused on what her issue was.

In my mind regardless of us being together we would always even seen as one because we're have a son together. She wanted to baby him all the time and that wasn't how my pops raised me so I wasn't having it.

"Me? That's you! What the fuck are we even arguing about Katrina? Please tell me what we're arguing for."

"I'm just gonna go because you wanna make a big ass scene in front of my shop." She rolled her eyes and walked around me.

"Nobody in that shop cares about nothing we're saying bro, here you go caring about the next motherfuckers."

"But it's a respect thing!" She practically yelled and I shook my head at her dramatic ass.

"I can act however I want in front of a salon I funded. I want you to stop playing with me, deadass."

"Boy fuck you, I've already made twice as much as you've put into the shop. I could give you your little pocket change back if I wanted to." She said before closing her car door and driving off.