23

Katrina Janai | Baby Shower Visual's Below

"No, you guys did good!"

"It really looks so nice in here." I smiled as I walked into the venue where the baby shower was being held.

I was grateful for my best friends and Joshua's cousins that I absolutely didn't have to do anything but show up and eat.

The hall was decorated in pretty pink decorations, customized items with our baby's name written across them and my favorite pink roses to complete the look.

"How much did this cost y'all?" I asked before letting go of Joshua's hand to walk around.

I was in complete shock as I looked at how pretty everything was. I almost wasn't convinced they did this themselves but knew they could hook shit up if they wanted to.

"Here she goes! None of your damn business Katrina!" Jae yelled at me as everyone else laughed.

"I'm just asking." I mumbled as I made my way over to the big name plate that had Zuri La'ei written in cursive letters and I literally almost cried.

"Awe, this is the first time I've seen her name written all together. Isn't it pretty in here you guys?" I smiled Namani who was just as fascinated as me.

Zion on the other hand was on the other side of the room playing with Namani's cousins who he's grown pretty close to in the last couple of months.

"Mmmh, I think Zuri is gonna look like me." She nodded her head as she held onto my hand.

"Like you? What about me?"

"Well Zion looks like you so maybe Zuri will look like you and my dad." She said to me and I nodded my head.

The genes in Joshua's family were strong and I thought there were multiple sets of twins but that wasn't the case. Namani was a literal splitting image of him with a tiny dash of her mom so it made me curious to see what Zuri was going to look like.

"These are y'all seats." Kiana pointed towards the thrown like chairs that had Zuri's mommy and Zuri's daddy embedded in them.

"Awe, oh my gosh." I pouted.

"Do not start with the crying. We haven't took any pictures yet and the shower is just starting Naomi said to me and I laughed.

"I know! Everything is just so nice."

As time passed more people started showing up to the baby shower so we started playing games. It was beyond chaotic since his family was so competitive much like my friends.

"Katrina and Josh are banned from playing anymore of the games! Y'all both have kids, cheating asses." Adrian yelled making everyone laugh as his mess.

We were currently playing the game where we had to guess the flavor of the baby food and obviously I was winning. I always tasted the baby food when I gave it to Zion so this game was super easy for me.