17

Katrina

"Babe!" I called out as I walked into the house and placed my purse down on the counter in the kitchen.

"Yeah!" He called out as he walked through the living room and into the kitchen.

"What's up?" He leaned down to peck my lips. "Somebody brought you something?" He looked down at the gift bag I had on the table.

"Noo, this is actually for you. Come sit with me." I reached my hand out and walked us into the living room of his house.

"Let me gets this food up real quick. You want some?" He asked referring to the leftovers from last night.

"No babe."

After heated up his food he came and sat down next to me as he ate. "You're so fine." I smiled as I reached over to run my fingers through his beard when he set the plate down.

"All you do is fucking lust." He shook his head with a smile making me laugh.

"And you like it."

"Anyways, I brought you something so open it." I placed the bag down in front of him and smiled. He grabbed the bag from off the table and began to take the stuff out. First the ultrasound picture, then the test, and finally a baseball cap that had 'dad' on the front.

"Get the fuck outta here. You for real Katrina?" He said as a big ass smile spread across his face. "You're pregnant?"

"Mmh." I nodded my head as he stood up to hug me. I felt myself become so overwhelmed because of how happy he was. Happiness was something I didn't get to experience when I went through my first pregnancy and I was grateful I wouldn't have to do this by myself.

"Are you tearing up?" I teased him as he leaned away from me and wiped his face with a smile.

"Man, this shit is crazy." He shook his head as he held the sonogram picture in his hand. Two months, that's how far along I was and I didn't even know it.

"Who else knows?" He asked.

"Just you. Why would I tell anyone before you crazy?" I said and he just shrugged his shoulders with a permanent grin on his face.

"You know this means we gonna find a place like yesterday. I don't wanna do separate living situations no more." He began to explain to me and I nodded my head.

The past month or so we've been looking at places here and there but now I wanted to find a specific place to settle down with my family. If this pregnancy was going to physically be anything like my first one I wanted to be around him all the time.

"I know, I have a list of places that emailed me back so we could see the places. I've just been too lazy to set up times for the both of us."

"Forward me the emails and I'll sort it out, baby." He leaned over to kiss my cheek and I nodded.

"When should we tell the kids about the baby? I feel like it has to be really soon if we're gonna move in together." He added.

"Mmh, I think we should tell them about the pregnancy separate because we don't know how they will react. Then we can base how to tell them about moving in together on their reactions."

"Yeah." He nodded. "That makes sense."

-

"Z!"

"Zion!" I called again as I sat on my bed and folded up the rest of the clothes I just washed. After telling Josh the news we went out separate ways to get the kids from school and now I was back at home.

"Yes mommy?" He raised his eyebrows as he walked into my room and sat on the end of the bed.

"I wanna talk to you about something." I smiled as I pulled his small body closer to mine and hugged him.

"Okayyy." He spoke in a confused tone making me laugh to myself as I crossed my legs and sat against the headboard.

"How do you feel about being a big brother?"

"Umm, it would be okay." He said slowly as if he was puzzled and unsure of what to say.

"Just okay? You wouldn't be excited to have a baby brother or sister?" I tried to explain to him more of what I was getting at.

"But then I have to share you." He frowned his face a little bit and I pouted. I wasn't really sure how he would take the news but I thought he would be excited. I didn't even think about the fact that he's been an only child forever.

"That's true but it will be with a little brother or sister that's going to love you sooo much. You can teach them things and help mommy take care of them." I reassured him. "You and Nami are going to be a big help with the baby."

"So, you and J are having a baby? And that means me and Nami are going to have a little brother or sister?" He asked slowly and I nodded my head at his understanding.

"Okay."

"Okay? You're happy?" I asked and he nodded his head with a little smile. I knew he would have to get used to it but as long as he wasn't upset I understood it.

"Yeah, because if Nami has to share than me too." He shrugged his shoulders and I widened my mouth at his logic. To be six years old he was a really smart little boy and picked up on things really quickly.

"So where is the baby now?" He twisted his lips as he raised his eyebrows at me.

"In my tummy." I pointed towards my stomach and he busted out laughing at me.

"You're silly mommy!" There's no baby in there!"

"Yeah there is. It's just very tiny so you can't see the baby yet but you can kind feel it." I grabbed his hand and let him feel the little roundness I had to my stomach.

"Do you feel it?"

"No, it just feels like a stomach." He looked at me like I was crazy while moving his hand.

"That's what it's supposed to feel like." I laughed.

-

thank you soooo much 🥳