24

Katrina Janai
-

"His family is that bad?"

"Mmh, that's why I don't trust them around my son." I said to Danielle as we sat in the Zuri's nursery room packing my bag for the hospital.

Zuri was due in about a month and I was beyond excited for my baby girl to get here but I wanted to make sure everything was perfect. Last week I worked on the nursery with J and we organized all of the stuff we received from the baby shower.

Being the cry baby I am I cried once I saw how much stuff we had on top of the unspent gift cards. We literally didn't have to buy anything other than clothes for a little while.

"That's so crazy that she would try to jeopardize her nephew's peace. Did they end up closing the case?"

"Yeah, she knows I take care of my baby and he's in good hands. I don't understand why the case was open so long in the first place." I rolled my eyes.

Last week the case worker decided to close the case because I proved to her that Zion was being well taken care of and her services weren't needed.

I was pissed off that the situation drug on that long but I was relived to have the stress lifted off my shoulders.

"That's good." She said and then there was a silence lingering between us. I looked up at her as I placed a pair of socks inside the bag and gave her a small smile.

"I'm sorry I just up and left you with them." She said to me and I raised my eyebrows.

"You don't have to be sorry. It was best for you to remove yourself from that toxic environment and I wish that I left them a lot sooner."

"I know but at your big sis I should've kept it touch with you. I feel bad that I didn't get to see you grow up." She went on saying and I pouted at her becoming teary eyed.

"It's okay Dani." I said lowly as I leaned over to give her a hug and we stayed like that for a little while before pulling away.

"I see you're a cry baby too." I said making her laugh as she wiped her own face.

"Yeah, my husband looks at me like I'm crazy when I start crying but I can't help it. I'm just an emotional mess."  She shrugged her shoulders.

"J is the same way." I nodded my head knowing exactly what look she was talking about. "The pregnancy is making me more emotional."

"Yeah, that's what it does. When is your due date?" She asked as she placed her hand on my stomach and Zuri started kicking.

"May 15th."

"That's a Taurus baby?" She asked and I nodded my head. "Wow and what's Zion's sign?"

"He's an Aquarius like me. Our birthdays are exactly two weeks apart." I smiled think about how my little family was coming together. We all had very different personalities but bonded with each other beautifully.

"Oh, so he has a little attitude? Cause that's how you were when you were little." She said making me laugh.

"He doesn't give me attitude, not yet at least."

"Mmh, I guess you have a couple more years before you have to think about it." She nodded her head.

-

"Baby."

"Katrina, wake up." I heard waking me up out of my sleep to see Joshua standing over me.

"What's wrong?"

"You know somebody named Tasha?" He asked and I raised my eyebrows at him before sitting up.

"Yeah, why?"

"Cause she came by here asking for you and I didn't know who the hell she was."

"What the fuck? So where is she now?" I asked him confused on how she knew where I lived. I moved since the last time I spoke to her so there's not a reason she should have my address.

"I told her you weren't here and she left. Where do you know her from?" He asked me.

"You remember when I told you I had a fall out with one of the girls at the salon and they left?" I asked and he nodded his head slowly. "That's who I had the fallout with."

"You knew she was coming?"

"No, I blocked her a long ass time ago and I haven't spoke to her since she started disrespecting me for no reason. I don't know why she wants to come around now all of a sudden."

The day after Natasha and I got into a little argument in the shop I reached out to her to fix things because at one point she was my best friend. Instead of her being an adult and trying to resolve the issue she wanted to be childish and start saying how she really felt about me.

According to her she didn't like the way I started treating her as a friend ever since Delon got out of jail and felt that I was being sensitive whenever she brought him up. When I asked her why she was so concerned about our co parenting situation she got even madder saying I didn't value her opinions as my friend.

I'm my opinion the whole situation was stupid and it made me question why I was ever friends with her in the first place. I haven't spoke to her since that day and she randomly pops up at my house unannounced.

"What did she say when you told her I wasn't here?"

"She was just like okay I'll try to text her but she looked mad shady to me. She had this look on her face like she was looking for something." He described her actions to me making me scrunch up my face.

"Why are there always weird people around me?" I sighed as I leaned my head over to lay on his shoulder.

"I don't know baby, but we're not worried about them."

-

Just a filler chapter! There's about four chapters + an epilogue left in this book!

I have a few ideas to wrap up the book but is there anything you guys wanna see before the book ends?

Also, thank you guys so so much for over 100k reads!