9

Delon
-

"I told you once you see that fast money, you're never gonna wanna stop. It's in us to make this fast money you're not no 9-5 nigga." Timmy said as I counted the money I just made.

"You're a bad influence man. I'm not supposed to be doing this shit anymore." I chuckled as I placed the money in my glove box and locked it.

"Nah, don't blame that shit on me. You asked and  I'm showing you the way." He shrugged his shoulders and I shook my head before reaching down for my phone that turned on from charging.

"I'm glad it's talking your mind off Trina though. I know your ass was going crazy when you found out." He said and I raised my eyebrows trying to figure out what the hell he was talking about.

"What are you talking about bro?"

"What's up ma?" I answered the phone for her.

"You need to bring your ass over here right now! Katrina lost her damn mind and she's over here yelling at us for no reason!" She yelled at me.

"Man, yelling about what?"

"She's just yelling at us talking about she's taking Zion home and Aria isn't letting her." She said and I sighed deeply tired of this shit.

"Y'all just chill out until I get there." I hung up the phone and turned to Timmy who was leaned on the window.

"I'm gonna get up outta here. I got some shit to handle with the fam." I dapped him up and he nodded.

"They're over there acting up?" He scoffed and I laughed at him but wasn't shit funny.

"Nah, my baby moms fussing with the fam. I gotta handle this shit before they start cutting up."

"Alright man, ima hit you later."

After I finished taking to him I put the petal to the floor and sped all the way to my sisters house. As I soon as I pulled into the driveway I saw Katrina trying to kick the door in.

"Yo, chill out." I yanked Katrina towards me and she pulled her arm out of my grip.

"Tell them to give me my fucking son before I knock them the fuck out! I'm done with the bullshit!"

"Don't say no shit like that again. Are you crazy?" I mumbled in her ear as I pulled her to the side.

"Get off me and get my son! Right fucking now!" She yelled and I sighed knowing this situation was going left anyways.

"Ma, open the door." I knocked letting her know that it was me at the door as Katrina stood behind me.

"That girls not coming in my house acting like that. You need to tell her to calm all the way down."

"Bitch, give me my son!" Katrina yelled from behind me and I turned around with my eyes wide.

"Yo! Chill out!"

"Ma open the door for real." I said and as soon as she did Katrina pushed her way inside the door.

"Zion!" She called walking around the house and I followed behind her as Aria came down the stairs holding my son.

"Mommy!" He damn near jumped out of Aria's arms and reached his arms out for Katrina.

"Come on baby, we're going home." She hoisted him onto her hip and made her way out the door, obviously upset by the situation.

"Mommy okay?"  I heard Zion whisper when they walked past me and I shook my head.

"Y'all gotta stop this shit, for real. It's affecting my son and I don't like that at all."

"It's not us, it's her! She never lets us see him and then when he comes over here she picks him up. He's our family too and we should be able to see him!"

"I hear you, I'll figure it out."

-

Later that night I pulled up to Katrina's house and knocked on the door, waiting for her to answer. I knew she was home because her car was in the drive way and it was eight at night.

"Is there something you need?" She opened the widow and I rolled my eyes at her.

"You're not gonna let me in?"

"No, what do you want?" She asked again with more attitude in her voice. I knew she was pissed with me and she had right to be but I was upset with her too.

"To talk about that shit that went down this morning. Can you let me in the house though? I'm not tryna let your nosey ass neighbors be all in my business."

She shut the blinds and I heard the door unlock making me getting up from the banister I was sitting on.

"What's all that shit about?" I asked once we stepped into her backyard and closed the door behind us.

"I literally asked you not you bring my son to her house and not only did you bring him there but you left him and didn't answer the phone for hours. I know you're new to this parenting shit but that's not something that you do."

"Why do I have to drive around like a crazy person to  see where my son is?" She ranted and I nodded my head knowing she was right.

"I feel you on that but he was with his family. You act like he can't be trusted with anyone but you and your moms."

"He's my son too."  I added.

I wasn't feeling how she always felt like she had to come and get him from me when it came to the slightest inconvenience. She wasn't allowing me to learn things as a parent and I don't like that.

"You just act like you don't remember how your family has treated me and Zion. They literally didn't give a fuck about him until you just got out and now they wanna be family of the year."

"The whole time you were in there they didn't call him, pick him up with the rest of the kids, or buy him shit. Birthday parties? Award ceremonies? They didn't come to any or that and you're just okay with that? He's literally six years old!" She said to me as she sniffled and I felt a little bad.

With us not being together I play a huge role in Zion connecting with my side of the family, but because I was locked up that relationship didn't exist. Katrina never had a good relationship with my family for many reasons but I thought they would've figured it out for the sake of Zion.

"I hear you and wasn't here when all that went down. I don't understand why y'all can't act like some grown women and put that aside." I raised my eyebrows at her.

"I'm not putting anything aside. I'm always going to protect my babies feelings first and I don't like how they treat him, period."

"So what? He's never going to see his family. You're tripping for real, that's my son too." I threw my head back because she was throwing my whole vibe off. I could understand her being protective of him but sometimes she took that shit too far.

"I'm not saying that but as of right now I'm not feeling them. I shouldn't have to damn near kick a door in to get my son. When they can act like grown women and stop treating my son differently from his cousins then we can discuss him staying with them."

"And you get to make that decision, huh?" I scoffed.

"Damn right I do, and the more you hang around your family the more you'll realize why."