8

Katrina
-

The sound of rain gently hitting the window was music to my ears as I laid on Joshua's bare chest. After the the endless number of rounds we went it was safe to say I was more than satisfied.

The sex felt like we've been dating for years and knew each others bodies better than anyone else. I couldn't ignore the stinging feeling between my legs but my body felt more than refreshed.

I quietly stood up from the bed and grabbed the T-shirt he had laying on the floor and pulling it on. I made my way into the bathroom that was connected to his room and quietly shut the door.

After using the bathroom and washing my hands I couldn't help but to laugh to myself softly as I looked in the mirror at myself. My hair looked a damn mess but thankfully my lace was still intact and I was grateful I went with lash extensions and not strips.

Leaving out the bathroom I turned the light off and walked back into the room seeing Joshua was now awake and sitting against the headboard.

"Hey sleepy head." I joked as I climbed back into the bed next to him only for him to pull me into his lap and wrap his arm around my waist, securely.

"You got jokes? I put your ass to sleep first last night so what are you cracking jokes for."

"Okay, and you were sleeping longer than me so my girl obviously kept your ass asleep."  I said smartly back to him.

He just looked down at me, licking his lips before shaking his head at my response. This man was behind beautiful from his big brown eyes, his tattooed body and his full beard. I was in love with his presence.

"Ima let you have that cause you got good pussy and I'm not in a position to argue with that." He said and I wrapped my arms around his neck, laughing.

"You wanna shower? He asked and I nodded my head wanting to wash the feeling of sex off me.

About an hour later after we both showered and deciders to grab something to eat. I soon found out that he was an amazing cook and enjoyed cooking for me.

I sat at his counter in an oversized T-shirt and a pair of his briefs that fitted me pretty well. I tied my hair into a low ponytail and turned on my phone seeing a thread of text notifications from Delon.

I instantly became alert thinking something was wrong with my baby but when I opened the message he was on some other shit and it blew my mood completely.

You're really out here with these little ass clothes on, twerking in the club?

What kind of example are you being for our son? Doing that hoe ass shit like you don't got a kid to come home to

You dead as haven't changed and that shit is sad

You're blowing me not answering my text and shit

Yo, where the fuck are you at

You're not my man, leave me alone and don't question me about what I'm doing. How dare you call me out my damn name?

You're worried about what kind of example I'm being for him? Look in the damn mirror and I'll let you know

Oh deadass?

You must have some liquor in your system to be talking to me like that.

I'll lay you the fuck out Katrina

Just like the abusive asshole you used to be, leave me the hell alone.

You don't even care to check on your son? That suit is crazy how you can wake up waiting to argue.

Me? That's you with your lame ass

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. I was just thinking about what time I have to get my son. I have a few more hours though." I shook my head not wanting to pull him into my drama.

"Good, cause I'm not ready to let you leave yet." He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my face.

-

"Mommy, I swear to god I'm going to kill him." I cried into the phone as she answered.

"Kill who? What's wrong with you Katrina?"

"Delon, I've been calling him for my son for the last couple hours and he's not answering the phone."

"Trina baby relax, did he say he was taking him out somenwhere? You have to think he is with his father so he's okay."

"Mommy I don't care. When he has my son so he needs to answer his damn phone. I need to talk to my son." I sniffled as I pulled over my car and continued to talk to her.

I wasn't even crying out of fear just anger. I knew he would never do anything to our son but I was never away from my son to the point when I didn't have a form of communication with him and that shit bothered me.

"Alright Katrina, send me his number and let me try to call him. You two need to figure this mess out because I don't want to be in the middle of it." She sighed before hanging up the phone on me.

Rolling my eyes I thought about the phone I had given Zion strictly for emergencies. Before he left I remember stuffing it into his backpack but I wasn't sure he would answer it because he never used it.

I dialed the number and was surprised the phone was actually ringing and not just going to the voicemail.

"Hi mommy." His small voice came though the phone and I was instantly relived.

"Hey Z, where's your dad?"

"I'm not sure mommy, he brought me to my aunt's house and told me he would be back soon." He said and my face instantly turned up.

"Oh okay, you just got there in the morning or you stayed the night with your aunt?"

"I just got here but I wanna come home mommy. I don't know these people and daddy left me here." He said and I nodded my head knowing my son didn't want to be in a house full of strangers.

"Okay, can you give the phone to your aunty?"

"Hold on mommy." He said and I heard his feet walking down what sound like stairs until there was muffled talking.

"Hello?" Aria's voice spoke and I instantly got annoyed at the attitude in her voice.

"I need you to send me your address so I can come get my son. I don't know why your brother dropped him off over there."

"Girl, nobody is doing nothing to your son. That's my brothers son too so if he wants to drop him here, he can do that." She sucked her teeth.

"I'm not about to argue with you about my son. So like I said text me the address and I'll be on my way to get him." I told her before hanging up the phone and placing it into the cup holder.