22

Katrina

-

"Trina!"

"I brought you some banana pudding!" Namani ran into my room holding a Tupperware bowl.

"Awe, thanks. Your mom made this?" I asked as I did a little dance and leaned down to hug her.

"Yup, I told her the baby really wanted some and she told me she would make her some as long as she shared with you."

"That's so sweet. I'm gonna text your mom and say thank you. Where's your dad?"

"He's getting bags out the car. I think he might need help but I'm not sure." She shrugged her shoulders and then walked out the room.

I slipped on my furry crocs that were sitting in front of my bed and stood up to meet him outside. When I got the front door I walked out to his car that was parked in the drive way and saw him looking in the trunk.

"You need help baby?" I walked around to the back of the car and smiled when I got back there.

"No you didn't."

"Awe, thank you." I smiled looking at the basket of roses and a king size box of my favorite chocolates.

"You're welcome baby." He kissed my cheek. "I thought you weren't gonna feel like getting up from the bed to come outside."

"I was sitting up but Namani told me you needed help carrying the stuff. I thought you really needed help because you never ask."

"That's my girl. I told her to get you to come outside because I had the stuff in the car for you. She was like don't worry dad I got it." He mocked her high pitch voice making me laugh.

Grabbing the roses I sat down in the trunk of his Toyota Rav and held them as he sat next to me. It wasn't common that we got much alone time together so even if it was a few minutes we took advantage of them.

"How was your day?" He asked rubbing his hand over my stomach. This morning he dropped Namani off to school and then went to work so I hadn't seen him all day.

I wanted to go to the salon but I wasn't feeling too good and knew the smell of flat irons and hair product would only make me feel worse so I  just stayed home and slept.

"It was pretty good. I found my sister on Facebook and sent her a message but she hasn't been active in a few months." I shrugged my shoulders.

After the argument I had with father I felt like reaching out to my sister. I felt like shit not being in contact with her but when she left I was only fifteen. I tried reaching out to her as I got older by calling her old number I found in my moms phone and looking her up on Instagram but I couldn't find her.

Being that she was six years older than me I wasn't expecting to find her on social media but Josh suggested looking on Facebook and soon enough I found her profile. I couldn't help but to stalk her page and was literally brought to tears when I saw she had three kids and was married.

Her profile didn't say where she lived but I knew it wasn't in Atlanta based on her house alone. She owned a whole lotta land and looked like she was living her best life.

"I don't think she's gonna respond to me. I gave her the address for the baby shower in hopes that she would come but I don't know."

"You reached out to her and can only hope that she'll do the same. If she doesn't reach out then that's okay too babe." He reassured me and I nodded my head.

"That's true, how was your day?"

"It was alright but I got into it with Kenya a little bit. We're cool now but I can feel it's a little weird."

"Why?" I asked while opening the box of chocolate.

"I guess ole boy went and told Candice that we got into it so she called herself trying to check me at the gym." He said and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Who is Candice?"

"Kenya's best friend but I guess ole boy is messing with her or something." He shrugged his shoulders before continuing. "So she started talking crazy out her mouth about you and I told her to get her dumb ass on before we have a problem."

"Talking about me? I don't even know her?"

"That's the same shit I said. She was like but I know her and we can throw hands if she wants to." He said and I left out at laugh hearing how delusional this girl was.

"And I told her I'll put her on the floor before she touches you and my baby." He said and my eyes damn near jumped out my head.

"J, you can't say stuff like that." I let out a loud laugh as he scrunched up his face.

"I wasn't gonna knock her in her shit or nothing. I just meant that she wasn't going to get the chance to touch you. So if I have to kindly put her on the ground I will."

"You're too much!" I laughed. "But why did you and Kenya get into it about it?" I asked because I thought she was cool and if she knows her best friend she would understand why she was wrong.

"Because she was like you didn't have to threaten my best friend and I told her I didn't threaten her. I didn't say nothing crazy to that girl even though she came into my place of business acting a fool."

"Wait, did this happen in front of people?"

"Nah, I was coming from the office and she was walking down the hallway so that's where we got into it. I would've had her escorted out the gym if she tried that mess in front of my customers." He said and I nodded my head.

"So Kenya was mad at you?"

"We were arguing about it because she likes to make excuses for her best friend so I told her bye then hung up the phone." He rolled his eyes.

"She text me like three hours later like I get what you're saying and I told her she was in the wrong."

"So y'all are good?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah, I went to get Namani from her house and she was like you got beef with me? Like how she gonna pull a me on me." He said and I busted out laughed.

"So the banana pudding she sent for me is safe? I'm not trynna be collateral damage because of y'all." I looked up at him and he shook his head.

"Yeah, greedy ass."

-

Candice is delusional like her man as y'all can see...

Kenya and J getting into it?

Katrina reaching out to her sister?

The baby shower is next chapter!