12

Katrina
-

"Awee, he's so cute. I saw this one you posted on Instagram." Kiana cooed as I showed her the photos I took of me and Zion at the party last week. Because she was on vacation for a week I never got the chance to show them to her.

"You know he's gonna be taller than you, right?"

"That's what his doctor said too." I nodded my head still swiping through the photos until I came across one of me and Joshua.

"Wait , that's your boo? He's fine girl." She gassed me.

"I know! I love me some him." I smiled looking at couple more pics before putting my phone in my pocket. I walked over to my station and began to clean up my stuff because I had a client coming in soon.

"Hey Tasha girl." I said to her as she walked into the salon holding her work bag and something from Starbucks.

"Hey." She mumbled without even looking up at me as she walked to her station, put her stuff down and went into the bathroom.

I looked over at Jae and Kiana to see if they picked up  the same vibe as me and when they nodded their heads I knew I wasn't crazy. I brushed it off and continued to set up my station not thinking too much of it.

"Hey Angel." I smiled at her as she walked into the salon holding her purse and a drink her hand.

"Hey Trina." She leaned over to hug me and then went to sit in the chair. Although I didn't require it she was one of my clients that preferred to come with her hair washed and blow dried so I just started on it right away.

I started with parting her hair medium sized the way she liked it and applied a reasonable out of product before braiding her hair. Because she had a full head of back length hair it's was a lot easier for me to part her hair first and then braid it.

The salon wasn't too full considering it was a Friday and we only let people with appointments get there hair done on Fridays so only me, Kiana, Jae, Tasha, and our clients were here.

Occasionally I would interact in conversations with Jae and Kiana who were talking about random things while they did their own clients hair. Tasha had her AirPods in still acting weird from earlier.

"Because she's doing my hair." I heard Angel say making me look away from the conversation and down at her.

"Oh my goodness, she's right here." Angel mumbled as she moved the camera up showing me she was on FaceTime with Joshua.

Finishing one of her braids I let go of it and waved at him. I couldn't hear him because she had in AirPods but I knew he was saying something inappropriate as he bit his lip.

"Uncle J, that's so inappropriate. What if I had my phone on speaker and everyone heard you?" She shook her head and I just laughed at them.

"What did he say?"

"He's talking about your boobs with his inappropriate, old self." She said as I busted out laughing even though I was older than him.

"He said if he's old so are you."

"He's so annoying." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Wait, that's him?" Kiana came from her station and walked over to the phone waving.

"Who the boyfriend?" Jae followed behind her and waved as well making Angel disconnect her AirPods so everyone could hear each other as they talked.

"So you're the one that has my best friend giddy all the time?" Kiana's loud ass said making me side eye her.

"Oop, not you in her business." Jae added.

Eventually Angel's phone started dying so we hung up with Joshua and that allowed me to finish up her hair. She paid me and left me a tip before leaving the salon, giving me time to disinfect everything I just used. Once I finished I stood in the mirror and look at my leave out that was slightly puffy and decided to go over it but my flatiron wouldn't get hot.

"Tash, can I use this?"

"Where's yours?" She tapped her AirPods and turned her head to look at me.

"Nevermind." I shook my head, getting an attitude because she had one with me all morning.

"Jae, can I use your flat iron?" I asked and he nodded his head pointing towards the drawer where it was.

"Girl, I don't care." She scoffed making me look up from turning the flat iron on.

"Okay, so don't care. I don't know what you have an attitude with me for. I didn't do nothing to you Natasha."

"Well I'm not feeling you so leave me alone, thanks." She mumbled taking the money from her client and sending her on her way.

"Not feeling me? Is there something you wanna get off your chest, like what's up?" I raised my eyebrows confused on where her animosity was coming from.

"Y'all chill out." Jae spoke up, sternly and I nodded my head remembering we had clients in the salon and I had to keep it professional.

-

"Where's my grandson?" My dad asked as I opened the door and walked inside of the house him and my mother shared.

"Can you say hi to me?"

"Hi Katrina, where's my grandson?" He said closing the door behind me and making his way into the living room.

"With his dad."

"Mmh, speaking of his dad. I had a conversation with him a couple days ago." He sat down on the couch and I looked over at him with my eyebrows raised.

"About?"

"He told me that you brought some boyfriend of yours around Zion when he asked you not to. I'm just trying to figure out when you got a boyfriend and why I haven't met him yet but my grandson has." He said in a stern tone and I mentally rolled my eyes. I felt like I was sixteen all over again and he just found out about Delon.

"I asked him to meet him like a man and he didn't want to. I have the right to have a boyfriend and move forward with my life." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why as your father have I not met him yet? You asked Delon but I've been the male figure in Zion's life since he was born."

"I don't know, I didn't think about it. I'm just tying to live my life without all the extra stress and commotion. Delon already gives me a hard time coparenting but for him to tell on me is crazy." I rolled my eyes ready to leave. I just wanted to come visit my parents and now I'm being lectured.

"Katrina you're an adult so you can do whatever you want but I thought I raised you with enough respect that you would introduce him to me before allowing him to be around my grandson, that's all." He held up his hands.

"Okay dad, I'm just gonna go home. Tell mommy I'll call her later or something when she leaves work."

"Alright Katrina."