Chapter 1 - The Gift of Glamrock

You would think breaking into a highly secured glorified mall would be hard, but all I had to do was hide in a bathroom until closing. I've been in here for a couple hours now, waiting for the building to go into lockdown. People still roam the halls, but it's people who paid for the "Faz Night Time" pass, and they're to be gone by midnight. I'm waiting for the last of these customers to leave, because as soon as they exit the building, the shutdown begins, and I'll be free to roam the building. Unless I get caught, but I'm not planning on that.

How much longer is this going to take? Obviously, I can't see how many people are still lingering, but I'm starting to get impatient. I snuck in by pretending to be with some other family, and immediately ran into a bathroom to hide in until closing. I guess I forgot how long two hours is, especially when you have nothing to do to pass the time. The worst part is, I didn't expect for security bots to check the bathrooms, so every so often I have to hide in a stall and jump on top of the seat.

I hear a ring from the intercom. "Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex is now closed. Initiating nighttime protocols." Perfect. I have a couple of minutes before the whole floor is littered with S.T.A.F.F. bots. There are several places that I need to investigate, and the closest place is the daycare. The daycare itself is on the first floor on the upper balcony. All I need to do is use the elevators down one floor and run straight to the daycare entrance on the left.

I dash to one of the elevators and descend to the first floor. It's a long ride down, and a fumble with my hands in anticipation. I tell myself that once the doors open, I can't just run out. I must scan the area first, and hopefully if the S.T.A.F.F. bots are still dispersing into place, I can make it down to the daycare without being caught.

The doors open, and I look to my left, and then to my right. The door to the daycare is a bright red with a painted sign reading "Daycare" above it. I sprint through the confetti covered carpet and reach the handle, but am met with a locked door.

Why is the daycare locked? Shouldn't it be unlocked during these hours? It'd make it easier for security, anyway. I consider my options...

I could find a daycare pass, but I don't have much time left until the S.T.A.F.F. bots begin to flood the room. Alternatively, I could try to break through the door, but I can't have security know I'm here. Plus, realistically, I don't think I could break down the door anyways. I'm going to have to look for that daycare pass.

If I had to guess where someone could obtain one, it'd be customer service. It's where most people buy upgrades for their entrance passes, and since I still have my complimentary entry pass from this afternoon, I should be able to upgrade to a daycare pass.

Customer service is located on the first floor, below the balcony. Above it is a small diner that connects the balcony to the bottom floor. It's all the way across the same confetti carpet.

I run across the glass bridge to the diner and use the back rooms to descend into customer service. Behind the counter is the machine, and I eagerly put in the complimentary entry pass I received when I first arrived.

Nothing happened.

I expected maybe for some pop up to show up on the screen to select an upgrade, but nothing happens.

"Oh, come on!" I kick the machine, subconsciously hoping that might start it, but that also doesn't work. With a sigh, I turn around to look for any clues. A sign reads, "Keep magnets away from this machine." I could probably get a magnet from Glamrock Gifts, which is right across from customer service. The gates to Glamrock Gifts on the bottom floor are closed, but the stairs should lead to the glass bridge to the top of the giftshop, similar to how the diner and customer service are stacked on top of each other. That means I'll have to run through the diner once more to reach Glamrock Gifts.

Before I make my way through the back rooms once more, I open the gates to customer service on the first floor. Just in case, I tell myself.

I opened the door that led to the diner, and was met with an unfortunate sound.

Metal.

The S.T.A.F.F. bots have reached their patrolling places. I can't keep running around freely anymore. Now I have to be strategic and make sure they don't see me as I move from place to place.

I hide behind the diner counter until this particular S.T.A.F.F. bot had turned around, and quickly dash out, back onto the glass bridge that connects the diner and the glittery floor. I had almost made it to the pink floor when I saw her.

Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex has no shortage of animatronics, but Glamrock Chica is one of the main animatronics here. She's the backup singer in Freddy's band, which is the main attraction at the pizzeria. But more importantly, I have no idea why she's here.

Unfortunately, she must've heard me, because her head spun around followed by a "Who's there?" in a woman's voice. I retreated back to the diner counter, but I could see her walking across that damn glass bridge. I had to hide.

I couldn't hide behind one of the tables or chairs. Not only are they clearly visible, but they're also in the path of the S.T.A.F.F. bot, which will undoubtedly alert Chica that someone is indeed here. Instead, I opted to hide in the laundry basket in front of the kitchen entrance. I just had to pray that she didn't see me.

I kept myself at the bottom of the basket. I couldn't peek over the edge to see where she was. I had to rely on my hearing to understand where she was.

One thing that is often overlooked is the monstrous size of these animatronics. They've got to be at least seven feet tall, possibly even more. Because they're so tall, they have busty bodies to hold their arms and chest, and huge, heavy feet to carry their entirety. I didn't just hear Chica approach, I could feel the floor shake as she walked closer.

I shut my eyes and waited for her to discover me, but to my surprise she turned to the left and entered the kitchen. She must've thought I'd gone through there. I can make a move now.

I climbed out of the laundry basket and bolted straight to Glamrock Gifts, wasting no time. Now that I know that Chica is on this floor, I have to be very careful. Being caught by one of those S.T.A.F.F. bots are one thing, but those animatronics... I don't like them.

Luckily, Glamrock Gifts was easy to navigate, and I found a Mr. Hippo magnet on the bottom floor. I decided I was going to open the Glamrock Gift's gate, and then rush back to customer service. Hopefully this will save me time.

When I made it to customer service, I placed the magnet onto the machine, and sure enough it printed out a daycare pass. Now I just have to make it back to the upper floor and enter the daycare, which is right next to the entrance of Glamrock Gifts. Ugh, so much back and forth.

I shove the daycare pass into my pocket and begin my trek back up the stairs. I can hear Chica rummaging through the diner upstairs. I guess she got hungry? I used the stairs that are located in front of the fountain to avoid coming across her path, and dashed straight into the daycare.

This may be a bit more than I originally bargained for.