Chapter 22 - Unlikely Alliance

I woke with a head-splitting migraine, the kind that felt like earth's tectonic plates shifting during an earthquake. When my eyes adjusted and everything started to take shape, I noticed I wasn't in the overhangs of Gator Golf anymore. The walls were still green, but they were closer together, and the room itself was much smaller. I was in the corner by a vanity, like the ones in the animatronic rooms. Pictures and drawings of Monty were strewn all over the walls, and I made an educated guess as to where I was; Monty's room.

A surge of pain thundered through my head, and I tried to lift my hand up to comfort it when I realized I couldn't move my arms. I looked around me to see what was preventing me from moving. I sat on Monty's chair, just like the one I usually slept on in Freddy's room, but my wrists were tied around the back. My ankles were free, so I tried to stand up to let my hands make it over the backrest, but the chair was too big, not to mention that it felt as if my whole body had been torn apart and put back together several times. I collapsed back onto the seat in defeat.

"You're awake," a low voice suddenly said. I yelled in surprise, looking around for the source. Monty spun the chair around so I could see him.

"Oh, it's just you," I said, making a face at him. I guess it would've been obvious Monty is here, it is his room. Did he tie me here after I passed out?

Monty rolled his eyes and turned around. He started messing with something on the floor, but his body blocked me from seeing it.

"Why am I here? I thought I was your kill ," I said, mocking what he had said while we were in Gator Golf. Monty chuckled. "You've got a big mouth, kid," he said, standing up. He had a green bowling ball in his hand with his face plastered on it, just like Freddy's.

I started to feel enraged once again. Those bowling balls were memorabilia of Bonnie's Bowling Alley. Monty didn't deserve to keep one, not after what he did. Monty recognized my anger and sighed. "It's not as simple as you think it is," he muttered.

"I don't care why you did it! How could you?" I yelled at him. He walked over, keeping hold of the bowling ball, and leaned against the desk. He kept his eyes on the ball, not even acknowledging me.

"Hey! Don't ignore me!" I told him, but he still refused to look at me.

"Bonnie had incredible hearing. Did you know that?" he said out of the blue.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I'm assuming you've seen my tape by now," he said, finally looking over at me.

His tape, the prototype version of him. Michael was with him, testing his unique lunging and leaping. He was supposed to be a security robot, with the ability to catch up to perpetrators and call authorities. He didn't have his voice box yet, but you could tell Monty enjoyed himself, especially when Michael's kid was in the room with him.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I said.

"I had just gotten my claw upgrade when he first came to me," Monty said, continuing his story. I really didn't want to hear his excuse for killing Bonnie, but I couldn't lie and say I wasn't curious.

"He said he'd been hearing things in the walls," Monty recounted, "and said that they were out to get him. I didn't know who they were, and when I asked he just said 'the ones beneath us.'"

Monty placed the bowling ball on the desk and shifted uncomfortably as he recalled his memories. "He started acting weird. He felt unsafe in his room–this room back when it was still his–and started spending his nights with me in Gator Golf," he said. Spend his nights with Monty? I guess if he was designed to be a security robot and I felt unsafe, he'd be the first animatronic I'd go to too.