Chapter 19 - Mazercise

Freddy and I were back in the familiar security office. The pile of previous tapes were stacked beside the monitor, and Freddy was surprised by the amount there.

"I thought you said you found Chica's and Foxy's tapes. This is much more than two," he said. I shrugged, "There's some diary tapes too, but they're uneventful," I lied. I really didn't want him to see the personal tapes, specifically the brutal one where Michael almost killed himself. I'm not sure how he'd react to it. I just hoped this tape wasn't anything like that one.

I did my usual routine; I turned on the monitor and slid in the VHS tape. The static was cut short with the video beginning to play.

Michael adjusted the camera and then backed away, just like all the others. The animatronic with him was Monty, which I wasn't the least bit surprised about. His color palette was brighter, though that may be due to the lighting, and he didn't wear his signature star glasses. The one thing I did notice were his claws, or lack thereof. When I encountered him in Gator Golf, his sharp claws were something I couldn't help but notice. The poster in parts and service said that his claws were an upgrade, so he must've only gotten them recently. He had instead a pair of black, gloved hands, which looked much safer to be around.

Michael took a breath in and introduced the animatronic. "This is Montgomery Gator, a security animatronic meant to protect both kids and Fazbear property. He's the strongest of the bunch, able to lift just under one ton!"

"Security animatronic?" I repeated, more as to ask Freddy. He nodded. "Yes, he was originally built to be a protector. That changed once the S.T.A.F.F. bots were implemented," he said. A security robot, just like that puppet Freddy told me about this morning. Is that why Monty was concerned for me in the beginning?

"But aren't you all programmed to be good with kids?" I said. Freddy shrugged. "Yes and no," he said. "We all have our different ways of interacting with guests. Children like different personalities, so it gives them choices on who to come to. Monty was more... specific." I supposed that made sense. The way Chica and Roxy watched over me were different. My thoughts and questions about the animatronics sentience came back. Did they choose their personalities, or are they all pre-made? Roxy didn't like hers and she changed herself, but what if she was originally built for something else and they made her go against her programming? Is that why she hates her role so much? Because she was supposed to be something else? I can't bother asking about it now.

Michael sat down on the couch in the center of the garage. "If you could, Monty?" he said. Monty nodded and walked behind the couch. He lifted it with ease, testing his ability to carry heavy weights. Michael wasn't expecting him to pick it up so quickly, and he was close to falling onto his back. "Okay, put me down," Michael said, almost sounding afraid. Monty lightly placed the couch back onto the ground.

Michael stood up and shook his nerves off, continuing his prototype video.

"Monty can go through the correct protocols if he witnesses a child being hurt. I would demonstrate, but uhm, I don't want to traumatize my kid," Michael said, laughing nervously at the end. He doesn't wanna say it, but if I had to guess, he means that if Monty observed a child being abused, he'd probably contact authorities.

"He's able to jump high and take a bird's eye view of the room, and his leaping allows him to reach farther distances faster, so in the off chance someone steals something or there's an emergency, he's able to make it there quickly," Michael said. He was very excited about introducing Monty, and it wasn't really easy to tell why.

He opened the garage door, and Monty turned to look outside. There was a driveway and road, meaning that this was in a residential area. I supposed that was obvious though, considering that his son has walked in during these videos multiple times.