Chapter 8 - Betrayal

Lunch was awkward. Since I didn't manage to get the pepperoni on the pizza in time, I was given a plain cheese pizza. We were at the entrance for Fazer Blast, and since the kitchen was now overtaken by those cupcakes, Chica had to leave me here for a brief moment to grab the pizza out of the oven. I sat on a swivel chair by a counter and ate slowly while Chica eyed the pizza.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. "No, no," she turned away. "It's just... that pizza. It looks so good."

"Can you even eat pizza?" An animatronic like her wouldn't need food or nutrition.

"I actually can," she said proudly. "I'm programmed to enjoy specific tastes."

"Huh, well, in that case, do you wanna share?" I slid the pizza across the counter towards her. "There's no way I can eat this whole thing anyways."

"Thanks!" She could barely say anything before she had stuffed her beak with pizza. I watched her tear her slices apart.

"Wow, you eat fast," I noted.

"It's a talent of mine," she joked. "How's your leg?"

After our little fight, Chica still mended for my injuries. "It's fine," I answered.

"You up for some games? We can play some Fazer Blast or head to the arcade," she said. "But, um, we should stay away from Monty Golf and Roxy's Raceway."

Right, Freddy doesn't want me around Monty and Roxy. "I could play some Fazer Blast," I said. Chica handed me a pass. "Give this to the S.T.A.F.F. bot at the entrance and it'll let you in," she told me. "I'll meet you inside, I've gotta clean this up."

She picked up the plates and pizza box while I gave my pass to the S.T.A.F.F. bot. It did a little dance and then unlocked the entrance for me. I walked through and the door shut behind me. The room was one long hallway lined with bright lights and a railing. I started walking through when I heard something from the other side of the door.

"Roxy! What are you doing here?" Chica said loudly. She was probably trying to subtly warn me that Roxy was here without alerting her. I quietly made my way down the hallway and listened to their conversation.

"Looking for you," Roxy said. "Your kitchen's infested with cupcakes, by the way."

"It's a long story... Do you need something?" Chica asked.

"I wanted to update you about Freddy."

I stopped in my tracks. I wanted to hear this.

"Right, Freddy's repairs. How is he?" Chica asked.

Roxy sighed. "Not good. They said they think it'll take a couple days."

A couple days? But he's been working fine! He may have crashed during a performance, but that doesn't mean his systems are still malfunctioning. He's clearly much better than before.

There was a pause. "Oh," Chica said.

"Are you worried?" Roxy asked. Chica giggled, "Aw, you're scared aren't you? Relax, Freddy will be fine, he always is."

"I'm not worried about Freddy, I'm worried for you," Roxy clarified. "You always do this when you're anxious. You come up here, eat an ungodly amount of pizza, and play these games to distract yourself."

"I'm not nervous," Chica said.

"What are you going to do if he's replaced?" Roxy asked bluntly.

"He won't be."

"They're considering it."

"I said he won't be."

Another pause. "Okay then," Roxy said.