Chapter 15 - Why Would You Trust Her?

After Vanessa watched Gregory leave, she opened the garage door into the unfinished Roxy's Raceway. She walked through the construction, stepping over loose planks and unbolted screws, and she came upon the leftovers of the scene.

From afar she saw Vanny's unmistakable costume, its ears bouncing up and down as she danced alongside her amalgamation of Chica.

"I see your attempt was unsuccessful," Vanessa said as she approached the dancing rabbit. Vanny laughed, her head bobbing along. "That kid is stronger than he looks!" she said.

But he was getting weaker. Just one look at his body and you can tell the amount of pressure he's put upon himself. The skid marks across his face, the gaping wound on his lower leg, and the bruises still stained on his neck really accentuated the amount of suffering this kid has gone through, and yet when given the opportunity to leave, he chooses to stay. Vanessa couldn't understand that.

"Take off that mask, you look ridiculous," she said. Her rabbit friend removed the bunny face, revealing a woman with similar structure. Her hair was blonde, tied up in a bun to make it easier to put on her costume's head, and her face had a near identical bone structure to Vanessa. If one didn't know any better, they'd be called twins.

"I know you've got a soft spot for him. You didn't let him leave, did you?" Vanny asked. "No," Vanessa replied, "I told him he could stay till Saturday."

"Oh, good," Vanny said, beginning to circle around Vanessa. "Because if you had, I would've been really angry!" she said with a gleeful smile, though her words were anything but gleeful.

Vanessa was at a constant battle with herself. She believed she could do it. She could achieve what was asked of her and move on with her life, but talking to the kid she was supposed to kill was a big mistake. It's not that she grew an attachment towards him, but more of a sense of pity. He didn't deserve to die.

"I'm not really sure if we should be doing this," Vanessa confessed. Immortality was the goal, something that Mr. Afton had been studying before his demise. But was it worth the sacrifices?

"Oh, psh, relax. You'll be doing him a favor," Vanny assured her. "He'll live on forever in a robotic suit. Think of it as granting new life."

"You think you can kill him in two days?" Vanessa asked. Vanny laughed, "I have an even better idea than just killing him."

Vanessa looked at her funny. "But that's all we have to do. Why would you do anything more?"

"Right now," Vanny said, "that kid is probably inputting Roxy's eyes into Freddy. If I wait long enough, he'll create a Frankenstein Freddy, just in time for me to finally hack into his system! It'll be poetic comeuppance!"

Vanny was a genius. Her skills in technology and software are unmatched, and she's slowly been taking control of all the animatronics within the pizzaplex to ensure not only an easy kill on Gregory, but for the future as well. Freddy has been the only issue. For whatever reason, his coding is encrypted much more effectively, and his wiring frame is unique amongst the other animatronics. Because of this, Vanny's been working on him in parts and service, ever since the initial takeover didn't work. Except for today, where half of the day she worked on Freddy, and the other half she created what she liked to call Buff Chica.

"Can't the animatronics you have now kill him for you?" Vanessa asked. She's already got half the band under her control. What else could she possibly want?

"Oh, but that's so boring! Where's the drama?" she said.

Vanessa was doing as she was told, trying not to question the tasks she was provided with, but it was hard to simply ignore her instinctual gut feeling.

"What should I do about Monty?" Vanessa asked.

"Monty, hmm... I haven't gotten my chance yet. Tell him to stop hunting for the kid," Vanny said. "Okay, but he hates Gregory now. After what happened to Chica, he stopped saying he'd protect the kid from me. What if he continues to hunt him down?" Vanessa said. Monty's feelings towards the kid had fluctuated greatly since the last time Vanessa talked with him. At first, Monty was adamant on finding him first, it was in his nature to protect. But once Chica had been crushed, he was hesitant on the idea. Now, with Roxy missing her eyes, he's not going to let the kid get to him next.

"To be quite frank," Vanny said, "I have no doubt in my mind that Monty will attempt to kill him. And while the kid being dead is what Afton wants, I want to kill him using that sweet sweet Frankenstein Freddy. I'll make sure he lives until Gregory gathers parts from Monty."

"Why do you want 'Frankenstein Freddy' so bad?" Vanessa asked. The nickname itself was stupid, and Vanessa couldn't help but think it was counterintuitive to wait for something like it.

"Vanessa, do you really think I'm just killing some poor helpless kid for the sake of killing?" Vanny asked. She got close to Vanessa, towering over her and staring intently into her eyes. "I'm not a monster , Vanessa. I'm so much worse!" She began to belly laugh, a chaotic sound that ran through the race track.

"I don't just want to kill him, I wanna crush him! I wanna see his spirit break before I smash his bones into tiny pieces! I wanna see the blood drain from his face as he realizes what he's done. I want his last words to be begging me for mercy as I tear apart his flesh! And when I'm done, I want nothing of him to remain, nothing but a lost soul, just like Afton did all those years ago." Her hands were digging into Vanessa's shoulders, and she shook Vanessa around as she shared her dark desire.

Vanessa's mind raced. She always knew Vanny wasn't particularly stable. The two of them had met under unfortunate circumstances, and they both are often deemed unworthy or unruly due to their mental state, but she had never anticipated for Vanny to be so bloodthirsty.

"But why?" was all Vanessa could mutter out.

Vanny chuckled, her laugh starting low and gradually becoming higher.

"Because I'm crazy."