Chapter 27 - A Boring Day in a Hospital Room

I hated being in the hospital. Not only was it so bright, but the walls were also white. The floor was shiny, so I couldn't look down, and it was so loud around me as nurses and doctors swarmed me.

I cooperated with every test. They did the basics, like checking my height and weight, my reaction times at my joints, and my eyesight–which I totally failed at. It was a struggle to try and follow my eyes along the doctor's finger. Then they did things I've never done before. They wrapped a band around my upper arm and drew blood from where my arm bent, which I was not very excited about. One nurse had to hold me down while the other switched out the vials. Bowtie was with me the whole time, and the doctors and nurses swooned over it, telling me how cool of a toy it was. Bowtie loved the attention.

They did other testing and further examinations. They pressed alongside my neck. I had gotten more bruises, probably from Freddy, which I had no idea about. They looked at my lacerations and skid marks. They tested my cognitive ability. I didn't realize how bad my head injury was until they started checking for signs of a concussion. They did more and more testing, it felt like forever. They sent away Joel and Julie, saying my results wouldn't be here until morning.

Once it was done, they dressed me in a hospital gown and set up a room for me. They connected me to an IV, saying that it'd help me sleep, and gave me a pincer that was to stay on my finger, constantly updating my vitals. A guard was to stand outside in front of my door at all times. Just standard protocol, they said. Since I was still technically in police custody, I had to be on watch. At least I wasn't handcuffed to the bed like a criminal would be. I couldn't share a room with anyone either. Not that I cared, of course. A room by myself is exactly what I needed.

When the lights went out, it was pitch black, with the exceptions of the light that escaped through the cracks of my door and the monitor that displayed my heart rate. I was happy to sleep in a bed after sleeping on a chair for the last few nights, even if it was a hospital bed. I let Bowtie lay beside me as if it were a stuffed animal, though I wasn't sure if it could even sleep. I didn't mind having it watch me, though. It was comforting to think that I had at least one person I could trust while I'm surrounded by strangers.

I had so many thoughts. I wondered what I was going to do tomorrow. I hoped I could get out of this as soon as possible and return to the pizzaplex. But once I did make it back, what was I going to do? Vanny had taken complete control of all the animatronics, Vanessa betrayed me, and there was no way I was going to be able to fight in my condition.

Then there was Bowtie. Did it know about Bonnie's passing? I was thankful it managed to catch up quickly about the danger I was in, but I had to remind myself that it had spent a lot of its time underneath the bowling alleys, unable to communicate with anyone inside of the pizzaplex. It must be as confused and terrified as I was, if not even more so.

I had a nightmare that night. I couldn't remember most of it, but I knew it was about my family. All of it took place outside, surrounded by trees and bushes. I couldn't remember the last time I'd been outside in nature like it.

I saw my mom dressed in all black. She wore a large hat that hid her face behind a veil, but I could tell it was her with her dark red hair. Her dress dragged onto the ground, causing it to rip and tear when she walked.

I saw a figure, who I think was supposed to be my dad. He was just a tall black shadow, and he just stood there, hiding behind layers of trees. He stared at me for some time before he vanished as mysteriously as he appeared.

There was one part that was very distinct. I was in the woods with my brother. He was saying something to me, but I couldn't recognize his face. He had no features, no mouth, yet his jaw moved as if he was speaking to me. His words were garbled into a mix mash of erratic noise, I didn't pick up a single word. I was much shorter than him and I felt as if the body I was in wasn't my own. I remembered him pushing me down, and I landed in a pool of blood.