Chapter 42 - Epilogue | Part 2

Unlike the pizzaplex, the warehouse's size came from its wideness. It wasn't nearly as tall as the mall, and its roof curved inwards like a half circle. It was messy, too, but Michael had been working hard to repair everything. I don't really know the specifics of Michael's employment here, but it didn't matter to me. I got to see the animatronics whenever I wanted to, and when a coworker would see me, they'd ignore me.

Michael said I shouldn't get attached to any of them. I didn't know why, but I didn't ask. I assumed it was because of how often they'd quit. It did somewhat feel like Michael was keeping secrets from me, but I knew, whatever it was, I wouldn't be able to take it well. If he believed I shouldn't hear it, then I trusted his judgment. I could barely talk about what happened in the pizzaplex. It made sense to me why he'd keep his work life secret.

His coworkers mainly kept up maintenance repairs and organized the rentals when they were ready to be shipped out. The glamrock animatronics were added to that rental list, so sometimes a few of them would be missing, but today was a Monday, and the likelihood of any of them being rented out right now was low.

Michael opened the heavy door for me, letting me walk in first. I stepped in, glancing around at the bare walls and shiny floor.

"I gotta check on Sun and Moon," Michael told me, "so just look for the glamrocks. They'll watch you."

Guess they're back to babysitting me. I nodded. I took off my backpack and left it by the entrance, and I put Bowtie back on my shoulder. I made my way past the main office and to the rental area. Each animatronic was given their own room in a big hallway, which acted as their space to be in as they waited to be rented out again.

There was a note on the floor in the hallway, and I knelt down and picked it up. In crayon, someone had written, "Look fer ye eyes, for they shall be yer guide."

I knew exactly what that meant, and I held onto the piece of paper tighter and giggled with excitement. It was a scavenger hunt! Foxy liked organizing these whenever I came to visit. Michael must've told them he was picking me up early and was dropping me off here.

I ran down to Roxy's room, sliding a bit on the slippery floor and using the door to stop myself. She was the eyes that Foxy always referenced. I swung the door open and saw her waiting for me expectantly.

She had gotten a new paint job to change her outfit, along with new elastic hair that returned it to what she had previously. She wore a combination of red, black, and green. It covered more of her stomach and legs, and her jacket had spikes that gave off a death metal vibe.

"Roxy!" I exclaimed, and she knelt down to let me jump into her arms.

"There you are, scallywag !" she said, faking a pirate accent for the sake of Foxy's scavenger hunt. "How was your first day at school? Wait– don't tell me," she interrupted her own question, "we should get the others first."

She held me in one arm, letting me sit on her forearm and balancing myself from her upper arm and body. I handed her the slip of paper I found on the floor, and in exchange she gave me my next clue.

I read it aloud, "Hidden water, where the sun don't shine, all ye enter, shall be devoured."

Bowtie and Roxy gave each other a quick glance before simultaneously saying together, "Monty."

I laughed, and Roxy gently placed me on the ground. We roamed to Monty's room. When I opened his door, he stood in the center of his room with his arms crossed, trying to hide his sheepish smile from me by looking down.

"Monty! What's the next clue?" I said, unable to contain my excitement. He chuckled and turned away from me, shaking his head.

"It's hidden somewhere in this room," he told me. I stepped in farther and started looking around, lifting objects up and flipping things over as I tried to find the paper. It was mainly metal and scattered about parts, and things that managed to survive the fire.