Chapter 37 - The Abduction of Gregory Afton

Freddy opened his hatch and tossed me on top of what I would describe as an operating table. Before I could react, he held tightly onto my wrists, grasping them with one claw and tying them together with the other in duct tape. I frantically kicked at him, but he withstood my strikes, and before long he had my two hands taped together. He pulled out what looked like a hot glue gun, attached to an outlet I couldn't see, and extracted a mountain of the paste on the table. I tried to pull my wrists away, but he retaliated by slamming my fists into the burning adhesive, and I hit my head on the table from the force. I let out a scream as my hands burned, but Freddy kept his weight on it. I squirmed in place, trying to escape, but it became even more difficult to maneuver around while on my side.

"Stop! Stop, please!" I begged through ragged breaths, but Freddy didn't move an inch. It felt as if my wrists were sizzling, and though he was gluing the tape down, it still reached my skin. I continued crying out, even if I knew Freddy wouldn't let go. It was just impossible for me to sit still while it torched my hands. My eyesight was becoming blurry from my tears, and the cold wet it left on my cheeks and nose starkly contrasted with the heat spreading through my hands.

When it cooled down–or it felt numb, I couldn't tell–he strapped down my wrists one last time, attaching them to the edge of the table. He could've just used that from the beginning, but Vanny most definitely wanted me to suffer as much as possible in my final moments, even if that meant using nonsensical methods.

I hadn't given up yet, and when Freddy retracted into the corner of the room, I pulled my body back trying to free myself, but they just wouldn't budge. I tried curling up and kicking it, but still, nothing, and when I saw the blood leftover on my sock, I felt disheartened. With nothing else I could do, I shuddered as I continued crying, trying to remain silent as if that'd keep my dignity.

Freddy wasn't crowding around me anymore, and I spent this time getting used to my surroundings. It was dark, and what lit up the room were neon signs that were flickering and falling apart. It smelled awful, like something was decomposing nearby, but I tried not to focus on the scent. Across from me was another table, but it had a small computer and chair as well. I could hear rats scurrying around, but I couldn't see the floor well from this angle. There were two entrances that I could see; a door and an open air vent in the wall. Freddy just stood expectantly at the door, until he suddenly grabbed onto the handle and opened it, and someone walked in.

"Vanessa...?" I muttered weakly. She wore Vanessa's clothes; the white buttoned up shirt and black tie, with the black pants to go with it. Her hair was now up in a bun unlike her usual ponytail, but her face was clear to see. She even had that mark on her face left from when Michael had fought her before catching her in Mazercise. My mind began racing with thoughts as I struggled to come to terms with wild thoughts. I thought I confirmed she and Vanny weren't the same! Did she trick me? Was she lying the whole time? I didn't understand how they could be the same. I wanted to yell and scream at her, but all I could do was whimper, "No, no, no," over and over again.

"She is my spitting image, isn't she?" the woman said, and now I wasn't sure who was in front of me. She rested her hands on the table and leaned in close. "I can assure you, Vanessa and I are not the same."

I shivered when I felt her breath on my ear. I hid my face between my arms not wanting to look at her, and I heard her step away. If she isn't Vanessa, then she must be Vanny, but how? She looks just like Vanessa. Were they identical twins? But then how would Vanessa not know her real name?

"She made it to the end of the maze," she explained, almost sounding disgusted when talking about Vanessa. "You should've seen the look on her face when she saw me waiting."

She brought her hand up to her face and touched her sore. "Your daddy sure does love you. Who knew he had such a punch?" she commented condescendingly. I was putting the pieces together, little by little, but it was hard with how much she withheld. It sounded as if Vanessa made it to the end and then she took her place. Michael didn't notice the difference and assumed that the woman he caught was Vanessa. But if that was true...