Chapter 20 - Lights, Camera, Action

Proceed with caution: this chapter contains some depictions of suicide. If you feel you are not in the right headspace to read about a potentially triggering topic, please do not risk your safety.

I used the elevator down to the front of Glamrock Gifts, with the daycare lobby being just to the side of it. I was back in the daycare for the third time this trip. I thought I'd visit Sun and update him about the VHS man. I did say to him I would tell him his name if I ever found out.

I walked down the stairs and opened the large gate, which was the entrance Roxy and I used when we interrogated Sun. The daycare was as childish as ever, its floor patting still its signature blue.

"Sun? Are you there?" I shouted out, but there was no response. The last two times I've been here, he came out immediately. Where is he?

"Sun?" I yelled out again and I walked deeper into the daycare. Nothing still. I couldn't even hear his bells that made sounds as he moved around. I peeked into a few openings into the play structures, but he wasn't there either. He must be outside somewhere else. I can't seem to find him here, so I decided I'd check back later. Whatever he's doing must be important enough to leave his usual post. I left the daycare and closed the gate behind me. Now, it was time to find that theater.

To the right was a gift shop, so it couldn't be up there, but as I looked up the stairs, I noticed a long pathway that wrapped around the entirety of the daycare. I didn't notice it before; I thought the long hallway between the railing of the daycare counter and the stairs was just extra room in case the line got too long. Now that I'm looking around the whole room, it lines around one half of the daycare in a semicircle, leaving the daycare itself to one wall. I walked through the hallway, surprised by how much I just didn't see. How much ground have I missed because of my negligence?

The walls were lined with vending machines and doors leading to several small party rooms with long tables that had around 12 seats per table. It was stocked with party hats and decorations and tons of glitter tossed onto the sticky floor. I assumed this was the party rooms for younger guests, the kids who would've been stuck in the daycare itself.

By the end of the hallway on the other side of the daycare, there was a giant sign that read "Ticket" with a closed countertop, presumably where one would buy tickets to access the theater. I walked past it through the garage door. The lobby to the theater was much bigger than I had anticipated. It had checkered floors and a concession stand to buy snacks. I continued through, and the wall before the theater had an illustration of Bonnie and Chica with the word "Pizza" plastered between them, though they looked nothing like them. Chica was yellow instead of her white and pink self, and she wore a bib that read "Let's eat!" while Bonnie was a dull purple color with a red bowtie. I hypothesized that these could have been early drafts of their designs from when Michael was making them, or possibly even the original versions back in the 80's.

There was an opening to the left. It was a large arch that led to what I assumed was the theater. I walked onto the higher level and looked below from over the railing. There were small chairs and a little stage. A projection of the main four walking played, and a S.T.A.F.F. bot stood on the stage and moved around as if it was talking to an audience. The wall behind me had drawings of Freddy, Chica, Bonnie, and Foxy, but they weren't their glamorous selves. Chica was still yellow, Bonnie still purple, Freddy was a dull brown with no blue flash design on his chest, and Foxy looked dirty compared to the others. To the right and left of me were stairs that led down to the seating, but I wasn't particularly interested in watching the play.

On the other side of this higher level was a poster for "Captain Foxy's Pirate Adventure" and the designs for everyone were again not the ones I know today. What's up with all these outdated illustrations? Especially after Foxy and Bonnie have been replaced. Why keep their promotional artwork up if they're not even a part of the show?