Chapter 12 - Quiet Morning

I woke up once again on Freddy's chair. My back hurt from sleeping in an uncomfortable position. I hopped off and brushed myself off. The wrapping for the bandage on my leg was starting to fall off. It was time for replacement bandages.

Memories of last night started flooding my head. Roxy and I had investigated a bit, and we learned that not only was Moon not receiving repairs, but that Vanessa was hiding something. When Roxy brought me back to Freddy's room, he said he was going to be having repairs. I walked to the door to enter Freddy's room.

"Freddy?" I said, but there was no one there. The room felt full with its cluttering of different things, but there was no bear animatronic to greet me. Being alone in this room made me realize that I never got the chance to actually look around. He had an arcade game in the corner that looked untouched and a bowling ball with his face on it. I remembered Chica's story, and she mentioned a place called Bonnie's Bowling Alley. I wondered if I'd ever see it.

I couldn't just sit here waiting for something to happen. I walked out of Freddy's room and out to the hallway. I took a look around. I also never got the chance to look around here either. I've always been either through the back rooms or rushing to Freddy's room without any chance to check out the hallway.

It wasn't really fair to call it a hallway, as it's much bigger than the other ones in the building. It was a long, oblong room with display cases with items inside. Such items included old props and toys. The items were all labeled with a brief description of them. For example, there was Freddy's microphone, and supposedly was the original Freddy Fazbear's microphone prop used back in the 80's. I didn't really believe any of these items were authentic, but it was fun to look at, especially since this franchise has indeed been around for that long. It could be a look into the past of the company.

I decided I'd look around more later and find either Freddy or Roxy. Last night, Freddy said he was going to be in parts and service again . I felt a twinge of annoyance when I realized that he was likely already gone. He could've had the decency to tell me.

I walked up to the Roxy's door. Her room was right next to Freddy's, so I didn't have to worry about being caught by any other animatronic. I tried to open it, but it was locked. I knocked to try and grab anyone's attention inside, but still nothing. Confused, I tried to peek through the giant window to see if anyone was in there.

Roxy was indeed there, but she was facing her mirror. I can't believe she didn't hear me knock! I tried knocking on the glass, but still nothing. I groaned, wondering what I was going to do.

When I got inside Chica's room, I climbed through the vents. All four of the animatronics' rooms are connected through that vent. Maybe I could try to get inside that way.

I ran back to Freddy's room and into the storage unit behind it. I climbed up into the vent through the boxes and crawled through. The path was shorter than Chica's, which made sense since Roxy's room is the closest to Freddy's. I made it to her room and I was about to push off the grate when I heard something from inside.

It sounded like breathing, but the only person inside was Roxy. The animatronics breathe? Or simulate breathing? Why? I wasn't going to get an answer of course, but that wasn't the only thing Roxy was doing. She was holding what looked like a photo album. With a heavy sigh, she sat down alongside her vanity, letting her back rest upon it. She flipped through the pages, but with the grate covering my view, I couldn't see the photos. She made sounds while browsing through, things like small chuckles or little gasps.

She looked like she needed this moment of reflection, and I was going to wait until she was finished to enter her room when the sound of the spider animatronic crawling through the vents appeared. I didn't want to let that thing catch me, so I quickly unscrewed the vent. I fell out and crashed to the floor with a thud. "Ow," I complained as I tried to pick myself up.