Chapter 23 - Bonnie's Bowling Alley

There were two places I wanted to go: Bonnie's Bowling Alley and Vanny's hideout. I wanted to find Bonnie's tape for Freddy. Besides, if Vanny was after Bonnie, I assumed there'd be some clues about it there. As for the hideout, I thought maybe Monty could bust down the door and we could get a look inside.

But, of course, things couldn't be that simple. The moment I stood up from Monty's chair, I got incredibly dizzy and knocked down his chair with me when I fell to the floor. He helped me up, asking me if I was okay. I told him I was fine, just dizzy. He gave a curt nod, but I knew what he was thinking. I definitely had some kind of head injury that was making me dazed and nauseous. I had to fix everyone here before I fixed myself.

I told him the places we needed to visit, and he seemed hesitant to come along to Bonnie's Bowling Alley at first, but after some persuasion, he agreed. I thought about going alone, like how I left Roxy for the dance floor or Freddy during Gator Golf, but all the other times the animatronics have left me alone for a brief moment, it hadn't been very pleasant, and with my newfound shaky self, I don't think I should.

When we left Monty's room and started walking towards the entrance once more, I tried to keep myself balanced, but it ended up being tougher than I thought. I stretched my arms out of my sides to try and keep myself stable. Monty noticed and asked, "Do you want me to carry you?"

"No," I said, putting my hand up to him, "I can walk just fine." Monty's face filled with doubt. He extended his arm out for me to grab hold of. I rolled my eyes, irritated and embarrassed, but even so I accepted his offer and let one of my arms wrap around it.

The light in the lobby was blinding. Fluorescent light and neon colors felt overwhelming, and I had to cover my eyes and look at the floor to keep myself from getting another headache.

When we walked by Glamrock Gifts, Monty turned to it and said, "I've got an idea. Wait here." He sat me down by the fountain and walked into the gift shop. I didn't argue, I really didn't have the strength to. I kept my eyes on the stranded stroller next to me. I thought if I looked at something that was still, I could keep myself from feeling dizzy again, even if the sound of the fountain was distracting.

Monty came back with two things in his hands; a baseball cap and a water bottle. The hat was Monty themed. The cap had two eyes, its bridge had two fangs near the end, and fake nostrils stood at the end as if it was the top of Monty's mouth. It looked rather silly, it wouldn't be something I'd normally buy. He put it on my head and said, "It'll block some light out." He handed me the water bottle too. Its design had the whole gang on it with an orange background. It was heavy, and I could hear the water splash in it. Monty must have filled it up in the kitchen above the gift shop.

I hesitantly took a sip of water. I felt disappointed in myself for being so weak. Sure, I'd gotten several outward wounds during my time here, but this head injury was really wearing me down. We hadn't even made it to the elevator before I felt like my head was shattering. I thought I hid it well while I was in Monty's room, and maybe I did, but I was laying down the whole time, and his room was dark. The moment I exert any energy I just felt like collapsing.

I took Monty by the arm again and we made our way to the elevator. The ride up was awkward. The silence was nice on one hand, the less stimulation the better I felt, but it made the ride feel empty, as if a part of it was missing. "We should go to Bonnie's Bowling Alley first," Monty said, interrupting the silence. "It'll be easier for you."

That was probably true. Vanny's hideout was in Fazer Blast, and while that place is fun, it isn't exactly the best place to go to in my condition. It's full of flashing neon lights and tons of sound. I just nodded, but I appreciated Monty thinking of my health for me.