Chapter 4 - Fazbear Meetup

I walked up the staircase of the daycare. I could sneak a peek inside, and I saw Sun cleaning up the arts and crafts we made. I wondered if he was going to keep the paper doll I made of him.

I opened the doors to the daycare lobby, and I sat down on one of the benches. I examined the VHS tape Sun gave me. There wasn't any writing on it, no date or title. VHS's aren't commonly used anymore, so there may not even be a player in the building, but since I'm stuck here, I may as well try to look.

Just as I was about to get up and start looking, I heard heavy footsteps. I had to find a place to hide, but when I scanned the room, I couldn't see any good places. The only thing I could do was crouch beneath the bench and hope I'm not seen.

The ground rumbled as it walked closer. I kept my hand over my mouth to make my breathing quieter. It eventually walked to where I could see its feet. They were huge, orange-brown feet, and it didn't take me long to guess it was Freddy walking here.

Freddy Fazbear, the beloved mascot of Fazbear Entertainment. He's the lead singer in his band, and he's definitely the most popular. Kids would line up and pact the center stage just to get a closer look.

I stayed still, waiting for him to pass, but he must've seen me. His feet walked closer, and then he knelt down. "Hello?" he said, taking a look underneath the bench.

"Ah!" I yelled, and tried to push his face away. I couldn't do much, though, and he shook his head to get rid of my hands. "Well, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"Wait a minute," he said, not even letting me answer. "Your face," he noted with concern. He brought his robotic hand to my cut, but I slapped it away. "Don't touch it," I said.

He stared for a moment. "I should take you to a first-aid station," he said. "I don't need one of those," I retaliated, but he put out a hand for me to hold. I shook my head. I don't need first-aid, and more importantly, I can't trust him to actually take me there.

"I will be back," he said. I wanted to yell out and stop him, but I wasn't sure what to say. I wanted to tell him not to alert security, but then he'd ask me a bunch of questions, wouldn't he? I figured he was going to alert security anyways, so if he's going to leave me alone for a brief moment, I can take the chance to leave the lobby and hide somewhere else. He left before I could make up my mind. I had to be gone by the time he was back.

I left the daycare lobby, and was back on the first floor complimentary entry area with Glamrock Gifts and customer service. I didn't know where Freddy went, so I decided to hide in Glamrock Gifts. If I heard him return to the daycare lobby, I could use the elevator up the second floor.

While I waited, I played with one of the figures they sold at the gift shop. It was a Roxy figurine. She's the guitarist, I believe, and she's new to this facility. Fazbear Entertainment is a big enterprise, and she's one of the first of her kind. There's been several generations of Freddy and Chica, but Roxy replaced Foxy, a pirate animatronic. I'm not sure if there's ever been a Foxy in this facility specifically, but if there was, he's long gone.

Foxy isn't the only animatronic to be replaced. Bonnie was a rabbit, and he was the band's bassist. His case is different from Foxy, though. Bonnie was definitely a part of the Mega Pizzaplex when it first opened, but for whatever reason, they swapped him out with Montgomery Gater. He was probably just not popular enough. These kinds of things happen, where characters are changed, redesigned, or just replaced entirely.

I could feel myself becoming tired, but I can't fall asleep while sitting in the middle of the gift shop. Staying in one place lets my tiredness grow, so I stood up and stretched a bit to shake it off. Of course, when I did, I heard those thundering footsteps, so I hid behind the counter and looked through the window.