Chapter 41

Author's POV

The trip to Namjoon's rest house was almost three hours from their company building. Their butts has been hurting from sitting for long, yes, but the scenery along the way was worth the pain. And after the cars were parked in his huge garage, they left their vehicle to check the place. Namjoon's rest house is not near a shore, which was supposed to be the initial plan for a place to spend the event, but it was wide and so spacious. Since Seoyeon reminded Namjoon about the team building beforehand, he had assigned helpers to accommodate the team. So while they're busy admiring the place, the helpers are already bringing their luggages to their respective rooms.

"Your rest house is really nice." Seoyeon uttered as she eyes the exterior of the house.

"Thanks. I designed this myself." Namjoon replied.

"Thank you again, sir, for letting us use your place for the team building." Mr. Jeong said out of gratitude, and the rest followed.

"You're welcome." He smiled, "Now, your things are being settled in your rooms. There are two guestrooms here, so there will be one for the men and one for the ladies. The helper will lead you to your rooms." And at the same time, a helper greeted them and asked them to follow her inside.

Excited to settle themselves, Seoyeon clung her arm to Ms. Kang as they walk together, along with the rest. Namjoon just followed behind them as they enter further inside the house. The exterior, well, is very much screaming Namjoon's whole being. The tones are earthy, playing with the colors sage green, beige, rust, and brown. It consists of wood furnitures the most. There are paintings and a huge book shelf filled with different books. If his mansion was classy, this house is very warm and relaxing. Just perfect if you really want to have a vacation in town.

Meanwhile, Namjoon was left outside to make a very important call. So important that the person he is calling is just his overconfident cousin named Kim Seokjin.

(Hello, my dimpled cousin!)

The greeting from Jin already made Namjoon roll his eyes. "Hey, hyung. Hope you're not busy."

(You're fortunate that I'm not. What is it?)

"Well, remember our last conversation? You know, about...."

(About her?)

"Yeah, about her." He sighed as he reminisce their conversation last Sunday.

(What about her?)

"Well, I just felt weird again. It's unexplainable, hyung."

(It's not unexplainable, Namjoon. You're just in-denial that you're starting to see her more than what you're used to, which makes it hard for you to sort your feelings.)

"But, what about him?"

(It's either you put yourself first or choose someone else's happiness. It's your choice, Joon. I don't want to meddle, you know that.)

"Yeah, I know.... Ugh, why is it so hard—!" But he was stopped by someone.

"Sir?" Seoyeon called and he turned around to face her, "Oh, sorry! I didn't know you were on a call. Uhm, there's ice cream. Would you like some?" She asked and Namjoon just nodded with a small smile, so she nodded back and went inside to get his ice cream.

(Was that Seoyeon?)

"Yeah. She asked if I want ice cream."

(That's nice. Anyway, I still have lots of errands later. Just remember what we talked about, okay? Listen to yourself. You'll know what to do.)