Preface

-a blessing or a curse-

On the day of her birth, the bells were rung three night's

On the day of her birth, the bells were rung three night's. Common folk and Lords alike drank to the well-being of the heiress to the North. The first child of beloved Lord Eddard was born, a girl by the name of Lady Jaleryd Stark. Named in honor of her grandmother Lady Lyarra Jale of House Stark, and her great uncle Ser Ryd Whent.

She was the celebration of the union of house of Tully and Stark.

Her hair was a beautiful Whent auburn, her eyes the Stark stormy grey. Her skin was paler than the corpses of winter with soft cheeks of rose. Some dared to say she would rival the young Margaery Tyrell when the girls were of age.

She grew to be one of the most beautiful children of The Seven Kingdoms as many had said.

On her seventh nameday, her title of the Northern Beauty was traded for that of Wolfkissed.

The Gods decided her fate would no longer lie in the hands of others, but her destiny would lie with them. A purpose no other child could bare upon their shoulders was given to Jaleryd Stark.

Her mother had told her time and time again to never go into the Godswood alone. Dangers lurked around ever corner there, but the girl never listened. Her mind was curious and her heart brave.

She had taken her five year old brother with her, Jon, to spend the morning by the river together before the celebrations would begin.

As the children played within the creek water a beast of the Old Gods stalked the young Starks from the shadows. A direwolf, their house sigil and a divine omen of The Children of The Forest.

The direwolf paid no mind to the mop-headed boy will bloody knees from the rocks. The aroma of blood didn't dare tempt it. It's eyes were trained on the young girl who hummed absent minded.

Jon remembered the blood, even so long ago. The flash of black fur and the screams and snarls.

The beast torn it's fangs into Jaleryd Starks right shoulder like a sharpened blade. It torn at her flesh and clawed at her face. Until suddenly the beast stopped.

It retreated into the woods never to be seen or heard again.

The Northerners believed the Old Gods sent the wolf to Jaleryd Stark, but the intention was highly debated. Some believed her to be the rightful heir to Winterfell, as the Gods deemed her worthy by such a valiant survival. While others believed it to be an warning for the Starks of dark things to come-

A winter, far worse than they had ever seen before.