Ten

Bran had spotted the Kings party a mile from Winterfell. He had reported to his family there must have been at least a hundred men.

The Starks stood now, clad in their best garments to greet the king. Servants jumped giddily at such a chance to meet the King.

Jale and Arya chuckled at the sight of the Kings horse. The man was large and jolly, his horse very miserable and tired from carrying such weight.

"Ned!" He cheered as he hopped off. Immediately welcoming his old war pal into his arms.

The King turned to Jale who stood next to her father.

"Wolfkissed! I haven't seen you since you were still at Catelyns breast! How's that sword dear?" The King asked as he patted the girls shoulder.

King Robert had blessed Jaleryd herself with the gift. A gift he valued more than any throne or jewel. The sword of the woman he loved, her aunt.

The smile soon left her face, the King took note of the gesture. He kept himself composed. He looked to Ned questioningly before moving on to Robb and the others.

Jale was amazed by the pure elegance of Queen Cersei, the woman sauntered out of her wooden and golden cage, like trained beast. Her children followed after adorned in her golden crown of hair.

She held her own as she looked at the Starks. Her greeting far more formal than the Kings brotherly kindness.

It was typical stranger's eyes tended to wander on Jale first out of her family. Her face was not missable and many people thought her story intriguing to hear.

Though Jale was honored by the royals appearance at Winterfell, her wander focused more on The Hound than the Queen watchful eye. He was a man like her shaped and deformed, not a beautiful lioness. He wore a helmet at the crowned Princes side.

The whole yard could feel the proudness seeping from Jaime Lannister as he strode to his sisters side. A long shimmering box in his grasp as he kissed her hand.

The Queen approached Jale after her father showed his respects. Jale curtsied, her family watching anxiously.

"I've always wanted to see your face. Men often over-exaggerate. Once I was told you had lost your eye and a wolf's took its place. Another said you had no skin it all on that side." The Queens cold hand grazed Jales scars. She flinched at the touch.

The Queen smiled as she retracted her hand.

"It's a good thing we can not pass our scars to our young." She smirked as she walked away to speak with Sansa.

Jale wanted to reach her hand out and rip the braids out of the Queens hair as she walked away. Her words laced with poison, mocking her. She despised when people touched her face, she didn't even touch it herself.

Quickly the King and Ned Stark retreated into the Crypts, leaving it Catelyn and Jales job to accompany the Queen and her children around Winterfell.