The Second Letter

Dearest Jaleryd,

My dear, I certainly understand your worries. But fear not, I do not wish to harm or exploit you. You are of blood of a woman I admire greatly, and a family I wish only the best fortune for.

As for your question on the matter of my intentions toward you, it is only that of a family friend. The reason for my neglect of your siblings was merely the fact of my hesitance.

You have a keen eye little wolf, your father and I did not end on the best of terms. This is the reason of my sole attention on you and not that of your younger siblings.

As the eldest and a girl, I thought you more open to the idea of communicating. Catelyn told of your stoic and honorable brother Robb in her last letter to me which must have been nearly five years ago now. She mentioned how he would take his fathers word more than her own which was my sign to leave things be. And she had described you as a very independent thinker. You would take things as you see it, not having predispositions.

You were her first child, and I felt it my duty to gift my past loves first born with tokens of my friendship.

But the events of your younger life only made you that much more intriguing to me.

Robb the honorable, Jon the bastard, Sansa the lady, Arya the wildling, Bran the climber, Rickon the willed, and Jaleryd the Wolfkissed. You noticed yours sticks out of course.

I want to help you in your situation Jaleryd. Word has spread about those who speak of rebellion if you are not named heir of Winterfell in your brothers stead. Many Lords are looking at you for a chance to give their sons a loyal people and a steady income.

I have no doubt your father has received many proposals, but simply never informs you or your mother. Ned cares a great deal for his children, something I can not scrutinize him for.

As a way of both repaying your father and mother for my past wrong doings, I shall make it up this way. Present their eldest and most treasured daughter with a suiting marriage.

Thank you for letting me help little wolf, and I will make sure to attend to your demands.

Regards,

Petyr