Six

It had been three months since the news of the Kings trek to the north

It had been three months since the news of the Kings trek to the north. In that time, the direwolves had grown greatly. But largest of them all was Jale's shewolf, who she had finally accepted and called Era.

The wolves appetites had grown tremendously. The Stark children often went into the Wolfswood together to let their wolves hunt small game. Their father did not want the wolves to go rummaging through the servants food share.

"Era is so much larger than Summer. Do you think there were eight pups and Era ate her sibling so she could become alpha?" Bran asked laughing. Rickon played in the dirt at his feet, Shaggydog circling the three.

"Perhaps, she can be quite aggressive. I watched her take on a twelve point buck a few days ago while you two were at the farmers. It charged and stabbed at her but she faced no fear. She Ghost, Greywind, Lady, and Nymeria all ate well. Sansa cried a little when it happened. Claimed my wolf was too cruel and I need to punish her for killing such a creature." Jale smiled at the thought.

Jale did not blame Sansa for the way she was. She was truly her mothers child, but without the experience of life and exposure to hardship and cruelty.

She was a normal teenage girl. She liked dresses and favored fawning over boys. She excelled in sewing as well.

"Sansa's always so whiny and lady like. Why can't she be more like you? And Arya is so mean to me and Rickon! She always beats us up. Your my only sister I like." Bran pouted. Jale couldn't hold in her laughter.

"Bran, I am much older than Sansa and Arya, that is the only reason you favor me over them my love. One day Sansa will realize the world is not as kind as she wants it to be, and Arya will learn to channel her aggression in other ways. Perhaps even with a sword! Then you and her can duel and see who can best the other!"

Jale pushed her little brother as they began to run around the clearing together, Shaggydog, Summer, and Era playing along with the Starks.

Sansa returned as Jale finished playing with Bran and Rickon. She and Lady were together, a small bit of blood on Lady's lips.

"Jale! I lost Arya! She ran off again! Robb Theon and Jon are already looking for her!" Sansa pleated as Jales eyes widened.

"Watch the boys Sansa, I'll help. Era come my dear!"

Jale and Era began their venture into the woods together. Jale called out for Arya but heard nothing in return, not even the sound of her brothers voices.

Era lead the search party, her master following closely in suite. The Wolfswood made Jale nervous when alone. It was as if every tree had eyes of its own.

What felt like hours, Era lead Jale deeper into the Wolfswood. Wolves could start to be heard howling in the distance and the sun setting. Jale called to Era to lead them back home, but the wolf ignored her.

Era lead Jale to a small mossy area under a large tree, the trees around it seemed to have grown away from the more dominant greenery.

In the wind, a soft enchanting melody could be heard. It felt like a sirens song. It's words were not of the common tongue, and it's instruments were nothing of that of the lyre or flute.

A peacefulness came over Jale, her eyes falling closed as the wind tussled in the trees leaves.

"Jaleryd." The voice called within its chanting. It's voice so fluttery and soft.

Her body leapt itself forward, Era protected her master from any dangers that lurked.

She laid down upon the trunk of the tree in the small clearing. She fought off the haziness of her mind.

As her eyes once again began to close, a small figure appeared within the tree line, with glowing green eyes.

At the sight of the creature, her mind turned black and a series of nightmares engulfed her.