Eighteen

Sansa, Arya, and Jale sat at the dinning table near their fathers chambers. It was supper time and the King had taken it upon himself to venture into the city tonight instead of welcoming his old friend to the Red Keep formally.

They ate the foreign southern food in silence. All Starks appeared to pick at the parts they were familiar of. Bites of lamb and carrots would be the only things filling their stomachs for the night.

"So how are you girls settling into your rooms." Their father asked as Arya spit out some strangely spiced chicken breast.

Sansa glared at Arya. Sansa was trying her best to act like she was enjoying the dish. She wanted to appear a true southerner yet failed miserably.

"Lord Baelish visited me. He told me to be weary of the Queen. He said she is not known to be the one to forgive." Jale quickly glanced to Arya.

Ned placed down his fork sighing. He looked to the large juvenile direwolf who had managed to survive that nights massacre. She laid behind her master obediently waiting to be thrown scraps.

"You girls need to show formal apologies to Queen Cersei and Prince Joffrey. We can not live in a place we're we are at each other's throats." Ned closed his eyes as Arya stood to her feet banging her hands against the table.

"THEY KILLED MYCAH! THEY BUTCHERED HIM LIKE A PIG-" She wept.

"SILENCE." Her father bellowed deeply grimacing in reminder at the unfortunate fate of the innocent boy.

"Arya you know how disturbed I was at the Lannisters actions but their is only so much power you and I hold. I did everything I could to fix what wrongs had been done. I sent some men to give the boy a pyre and I gave his father and mother a place at Winterfell so they may leave the capitol. They're probably arriving as we sit here now. Your mother and brothers greeting them with condolences in open arms."

Arya tear stained face glared at her father. That face reminded him so much of his sister when ever he saw it.

"You three will serve the Queen and Princess breakfast within Queen Cersei's bed chamber. I'll have the handmaidens wake you early."

Arya spat, jumping from the table. Sansa smirked as her sister made a fool of herself. But it quickly faded as she though back to Lady. Sansa tried to remind herself to not dwell on her direwolf. She needed to gain the favor of the Queen no matter what she had done.

"I'll speak with her father." Jale rose quickly chasing after her little sister.

And with that the Starks had officially entered the life of Kings Landing.