Eleven

Jale cursed under her breath as the Prince complained about the plainness of his room.

"This is the North Joffrey, not Dorne, nor Casterly Rock. The North is a cold place, they have no time for such frivolous things." The Queen scolded at Lady Catelyns side.

Jale watched as her mother seemed to take a liking to Queen Cersei. But Jale could feel the threatening aura in her eyes as she gazed at the Starks. She cared nothing for any of them.

Cersei had clearly ordered the young Joffrey to nip at Jales heels. He had been attached to her arm all day. He was alarmingly shorter, which made it all the more entertaining to the seldom eldest. But his rudeness and sheer privilege dampened her fun.

"Lady Jale, why is your North so hard to the touch?" The Prince asked to the one he believed he was to be betrothed to. He eyed the courtyard through this window, not even paying Jale any mind.

"Winter is Coming, my Prince. And when winter comes, only the Gods can save us from its unforgiving grasp. We fear for our lives, every passing day the long summer draws closer to an end. We do not have the liberty to live peacefully as you southerners do."

The Prince rudely laughed.

"You Northerners exaggerate. Winter is no worse than some dead crops and nightly chills." Catelyn and Jale both looked at the boy with disgusted glares.

During the winter their people suffered. Children starve and freeze. The elderly kill themselves to lessen another mouth to feed. The winter is cruel to the North. And the boy Prince was a fool.

Cersei quickly jumped upon her son.

"Joffrey, you will immediately apologize to your hosts. You have never once been cognate to even experience a winter. The Northerners suffer greatly during the time. You speak foolishly." Cersei held her head proud.

Joffrey apologized and Cersei sent Jale and her mother away in shame.

Jale decided it would be best to rest herself before the welcoming feast. Men would be drunk as dogs and fighting slumber's call. She would no doubt be joining them.

When she arrived at her door. Ser Jaime stood at her threshold. Arya was speaking to the tall blonde man.

"Jale! Ser Jaime has a gift for you!" Arya smiled as the Kingslayer bowed.

"My Lady, I have been assigned to personally deliver your gift on behalf of the Master of Coin. He hopes I might be able to find myself a worthy opponent." The Kingslayer smirked as he presented the long box.

Jale was cautious. She didn't like the Kingslayer, neither did the other Starks old enough to know the depth of his deeds.

He sat it in her hands and excused himself as Arya followed her into her room.

"Open it!" She jumped on Jales bed earning a scold from knocking out some feathers.

Beneath the shining black box, laid a sword of Valyrian steel. She knew the metals texture well, she loved sharpening Ice for her father.

Arya gasped at the sight.

It was a beautiful Essoshi blade, with one curvature in the center of the slightly slanted blade. Perfect for attacks atop a horse; long, light, and hooked.

The hilt was a dark black, made of a material she was unfamiliar of. Her hands would be clasping beautiful engravings, a green jewel met the blade to the hilt. A wolf made of pure silver and emerald eyes sat at its end.

Jale let her fingers slip over the words written largely on the blade, Winter Is Coming. Just as her fathers sword Ice spoke.

She was lost for words as Arya continued to excitedly shout and beg to use the elegant weapon.

Jale finally brought herself to pick up the blade, lifting it high and mightily.

Arya gazed at her sister in wonder.

Later that evening, after Arya had gone and Jale was left alone she brought the neatly wrapped letter to her candle lit desk.

I hope you enjoy your gift. I was told about the misfortune with Lyanna's and thought it about time a sword was returned to your hand. I have had this treasure in my own for quite some time. It was said to be the lost sword of Visenya Targaryen The Warrior Queen during Aegons Conquest. I thought a wolf emblem would suit you better than a red eyed dragon.

I look forward to our meet
-Petyr