Thirty-Six

Jale stood by Sansa in front of the crowd. Her head held high as Sansa sunk. There were ears on her cheeks but she dare not wept. It was the first time she had seen Sansa in a week.

"Don't let them think you guilty." Jale whispered as she nudged her sisters shoulder.

Arya had never been found. She had over heard it from the guards outside her room. It made Jale hopeful Arya would escape the hell which had erupted.

"How can you stand this? Them yelling at us. Glaring with hatred." Sansa cried.

"I can't. But father needs you too. Don't believe Cersei. We have to protect him in any way we can. And even if that means standing stoically while they debate taking his head off." Sansa whaled in agony at Jales bluntness.

Jale had already ended her true crying. When Lord Baelish had visited her he said everyone could hear her at night across the Red Keep.

He had warned her, to keep her, Sansa, and Arya safe. But how could he have known the King would die if he hadn't been a part of it. Part of her truly believed Lord Baelish could have played a part in setting up her father.

Jale never cried.

Even when they took her fathers head off.

END OF PART I

part ii will be published in this same novel in january so i can get caught up on my writing to publish more consistently