Thirty-Three

It had been some weeks since Loras Tyrell departed from Kings Landing along with Renly Baratheon, who was set to marry Loras' sister, Margaery, in a few moons.

The marriage would be taking place at Stormsend, so the Kings party would soon depart to travel to the Baratheon strong hold.

After the rejection of Loras' proposal Jales life within the Red Keep returned to normal. She spent her days with Sansa and Princess Myrcella with Septa Mordane and Septa Ryna.

Princess Myrcella had moved their meeting room to a drawing room over looking the training grounds. Myrcella had said she liked to look at the handsome young Lords training to be Goldcloaks.

Sansa thought differently of the training men, as only meer brutes. Jale thought some of the boys handsome but she mostly longed to rid herself of the Septas and needlework.

"Look it's The Hound." Sansa said as the large tree of a man ascended onto the field with a dulled sword.

Ser Jaime Lannister could be seen antagonizing the Clegane who stood a foot taller than he.

"Uncle Jaime has a habit of his mouth getting him in trouble. Although The Hound is a brutal giant, I doubt he will be able to defeat my uncle. He is the fastest sword you will ever see! It's a shame Uncle Jaime became a Goldcloak. You and he could have married Jale, then we could draw together all day! How pretty my cousins would be as well!" Myrcella smiled as a faintness of concern and fear flashed in Jales eyes.

Sansa giggled from the corner as the girls watch out the window. The Hound looked up at the tower which the girls resided in.

"How hideous." Sansa drew away from the window but her elder sister remained. She stayed looking back at him for a moment before he turned to the Kingslayer once more.

As the girls watched the men battle the doors to the drawing room opened.

"Your Grace," the Septas rose. Jale and Sansa quickly rose to the feet curtsying to Cersei who only ascended upon them her hands neatly folded.

"Lady Jaleryd, I do apologize for removing you from your lessons but I deem the matter urgent of our meet. Please, let us speak further in my chambers."

Sansa sat her needle work down as her sister looked to her with weary eyes.

Jale followed her queen to her royal bed chamber.

Cersei flashed a fake smile, urging Jale to sit and have a drink with her.

Jale stared at the beautiful woman of gold. Cersei's voice was so soft yet concealed such viciousness.

"Have you spoken with your father of recent child?" Cersei looked down to her chalice then back to the Stark.

"No your Grace, not since rejected the Tyrells proposal." Cersei nodded and hummed.

"I've gathered word that your father intends to engage you to my Tommen in replace of your sister Arya." Cersei seethed.

Jale herself recoiled in disgust. Little Tommen was barely ten. It was common in Westeros for women to marry boys for political alliances in times of war but there was no need for her and Tommens union. Sansa is to be queen.

Jale would be Princess if she married Tommen and the Lady of Casterly Rock. It's likely once Joffrey ascended the Baratheon throne his brother would take his seat as Hand. Perhaps that was her fathers intention, to bound her to Sansa as her protector in Kings Landing.

Jale decided not to voice her reasoning to the queen.

"I do not understand why Arya or I would need to marry the prince your Grace. Sansa is to be queen, us Starks are in no more need of political gain. And I can assure you I have no desire for a title."

Cersei chuckled to herself.

"Every woman wants a title. With a title comes power. I do not care for how you truly feel, I only care about the sake of my son. I ask that you speak with your father on the matter. If I were in charge of your engagement Lady Stark, I would stay in the North if I were you."

Cersei rose, leaving Jaleryd Stark alone in her chambers.