Twenty-One

It was very rare King Robert would take time away from his drinking and whoring to spend time with his family. Today, the King, Queen, they're children, Ned Stark and his own enjoyed brunch in the gardens of the Red Keep.

The King was already red faced drunk. Laughing and bullying Prince Joffrey as he and his brother Tommen dueled around the roses.

Arya pouted as she watched. She had been forced to sit with the ladies.

"Prince Joffrey is shit at sword fighting." Jale quickly slapped Aryas thigh as she spoke a little too loudly. The Queen looked over to the Stark girls.

Sansa sat perfectly with a southern hairstyle done by her majesties handmaiden. The two other Starks held hard northern faces and mannish sittings. The summers beauty that surrounded them felt out of place to the Queen, like a blemish on a painting.

A bard played in the background accompanying the women as they watched the men instruct the boys on how to fence.

The peaceful tranquility was disturbed by the young Princess.

"Aren't you excited Lady Jaleryd?" Myrcella asked as she smiled politely looking up at the older girl.

Jale gave her a puzzled look.

"Ser Loras Tyrell is coming to Kings Landing soon. He is unwed and said to be very handsome. I've only ever been to Highgarden once but it was so beautiful! How fortunate it would be to be it's Lady. If he has any sense he will ask for your hand my lady. Your father is the Hand he could surely look past your scar!" Myrcella looked to her mother innocently.

Jale felt her blood run cold. She hadn't anticipated suitors would come so soon but it was foolish for her not to assume. Her father was Hand, the second most powerful man in all of Westeros.

Littlefinger slinked in the shadow of the high born ladies. His head held high and a smirk plastered on his lips.

"Your Grace, Princess, Ladies of House Stark." He bowed as he joined at the women's sides under their umbrella.

"Lord Baelish, what has brought you to us on this summers day?" Cersei spoke as she took a bite of her tea cake.

Jale eyed the man carefully. He held his transaction book she had looked through two days prior. He plucked a sweet from the table, curtly popping it into his mouth.

His hair looked a tad out of place and a rosiness to his checks. There was a pep in his step more than usual.

"I have come asking if I may steal Lady Jaleryd from your company. Accompany me to the library?" Lord Baelish asked extending his hand.

Jale looked to her sisters before following the grey streaked man.