Thirty-Eight

Jale sat with her sisters servant, a girl from Essos with a strange way of dress. She held a sharp tongue and was quite blunt.

"I heard the Queen say the North is winning. Her father travels now to the Riverlands with the Kingslayer. Your brother is said to be there with your mother. Your grandsire Tully is dead, they stopped to send off his pyre." Shae said as Jale continued to draw the city scape of Kings Landing.

She stopped, laying down her pencil at the news of her grandsire.

"What did he die of?"

"I do not know my Lady."

Jale feared her grandsire had died because of the war. She prayed he had not suffered.

Shae had left Jale to her room. Her mind wandered endlessly. Though in mourning, Jale did not cry, but thinking of death reminded her of the image of her fathers head hanging from a pike.

A shiver ran down her back.

She wanted to know more. Jale had always liked her grandsire, he was the only one she had. He was a kind man much like her father. Yet he held the same temper as his daughters.

She left the confides of her room, a rarity because of the guards who were required to occupy her. She was after all, a prisoner.

She ascended the Master of Coins tower, knocking upon his door. No one answered. A guard who walked by saw the girl and her guards.

"Master Baelish is at his establishment at the moment. He rarely spends his nights here in the tower."

Jale sighed. She could not leave the Red Keep.

Jale had planted herself outside Littlefingers chambers since the guard told her of his whereabouts. Her personal captors were irritated at her behavior.

"If the Queen finds you, she'll punish you girl." One of them spoke as he looked down at her laying upon the floor. It was late at night and she was attempting to sleep on the stone floor.

"Remember yourself. I am Jaleryd Stark of Winterfell, I am no girl for you to speak down to. And besides I have nothing to loose. She's already taken everything she could from me."

Speaking of Winterfell filled Jale with longing but also there was a slight bitterness. The North had disinherited her, they had named her brother King in The North.

Of course they did it to show their loyalty not only to her late father but to get their ladies home from the lions den. Robb was showing great honor which earned the respect of the northerners.