Twenty

Jale sat alone with her father within the Hands chamber. He had asked Jale to visit him later in the day after she made amends with the Queen. But her father was stressed after learning of the crown's financial situation.

"Littlefinger doesn't see a problem with it. The man says he does what Robert wishes and doesn't loose his head. Takes money from anywhere he can get it. By the Gods." Ned Stark sighed into his hand as he gazed down at the large book of loan transactions below him.

"Won't the Lannisters be somewhat merciful? Considering his daughter is the Queen and his grandson to be King?" Jale grabbed her fathers hand comforting him.

"Tywin Lannister is a man who cares little for his blood unless it comes to his pride. A Lannister does not forgive debts to anyone, not even their own."

For half an hour Jale and her father looked through the Master of Coins transaction book. The news became even worse when they discovered Lord Baelish had borrowed money from other banks to pay on payments to rid of loan sharks.

"How could a man do this in his right mind?Does he not realize if the banks of Westeros decided to demand their loans returned all houses will follow in their steps of war. Some could say our banks have more power than any king, especially one who can't afford to pay his own army." Jale scoffed.

Lord Baelish was a fool and she had known it since the first letter. To think his actions would only affect the king and not himself was absolutely absent minded.

"And to think I've put this man in charge of your marriage." Jale hugged her father as he sipped on some northern wine.

"Don't trust him-"He said softly as he held his daughters hand.

"Something is not right here."