Twelve

Jale, Jon, and Arya mused from atop one of the towers. Prince Joffrey was a pathetic excuse of a swordsman unlike his uncle.

Jale found the face of the Kingslayer profound disgust in his nephews scarcity absolutely to die for. Jaime Lannister was very much an open book.

Robb took another swing at Joffreys breastplate, a smiling Ser Rodrik behind him.

Joffrey fell to the ground pleading for a cease like a whining child.

"I think Rickon did that once when mother denied him her tit." Arya said rather bluntly.

Jale and Jon couldn't help but crack up.

"Arya you should go back before poor Septa Mordane faints." Jale said softly, giving her little sister a authoritative look.

Arya complied and left the bastard and the first born alone.

"I have to wait till the Prince and company leave the courtyard before me and Ser Rodrik can work." Jon spoke.

"I know, I'm sorry." Jale rubbed his shoulder.

"I plan to take the Black once father accepts. Your mother won't want me here and the Keep would be even more cruel to me than her."

Jale had a large distaste for the men of The Nights Watch. They took dishonorable men who have raped and killed and expect to make them into honorable warriors. She saw it all as a ploy to get food and funds.

Before she could speak Jon caught her.

"I know you and me disagree, Jale. But please just let me do this one thing in peace. I am a bastard I won't be a knight like Bran or Rickon and I am nowhere near the first born son. The Wall is my only chance at glory. Please."

"I could not see you for years. Do you really think fighting savages with stone axes will bring you glory?" She grimaced at the thought.

"Father hadn't seen Uncle Benjen in six years Jon."

Jon knew leaving his siblings and father behind would be the hardest part. He would think about them every day and watch their accomplishments from a far.

Jale knew what this meant to Jon, she sighed in defeat.

"I guess i'll have to force my southern husband to marry me at the wall." She smiled.