9th January 2022

9th January 2022

Au- Royal Au

Ship- Awesamponk 

512 words

Idea- A new sibling 

-

Sam and Ponk slowly made their way up the stairs and toward their son's bedroom. 
It was mid morning so they knew their son wasn't too busy… unless it was reading.

Both the King's looked at each other in a knowing way. They gave one another a small nod, bracing themself for their announcement.

But, this was definitely not the first time they've tried to tell George.

-

The day was April first, just in case this all goes horribly wrong, the two could just shout 'April fools!' And be done with it.

Ponk was out of the castle, so Sam had to prepare himself for this… chat.
George and Sam were spending lunch together, eating a small afternoon snack. 

"Hey georgie?" Sam questioned, placing a half eaten sandwich down on his plate.

George's mouth was full of potato snacks so he couldn't necessarily speak at that moment. A nod will do.

Sam sighed "Uh… how would you like it if you had a younger sibling?" His breath hitched, waiting for George's response.

The youngen scrunched his face up, finishing his mouth full. "Funny day!" George burst into a fit of giggles. "Funny daddy!"

Sam slowly nodded, laughing along with his son. "Yeah, Daddy's Funny isn't he." 
He let out a quiet sigh. Maybe another day…

-

Sam opened George's door, leaving it open a jar for Ponk to slip into the room.

"Hey George?" Sam questioned, walking over to the young toddler flicking through a large picture book.

"Daddy! Papa!" George smiled, showing a small frown to his father's confusion and nervousness. "What wrong? Why you look like that?" He whimpered. "I do something bad?"

Ponk hurried to scoop George up in his arms, "No my little pumpkin. You've done nothing wrong." He smiled, giving George a kiss on his brunette hair. 
"Me and daddy need to talk to you. That's all." He gave George a gentle bounce, earning a quiet giggle. 

Sam pulled a small shirt from behind his back. It was a black based shirt with bold white writing reading 'Big Brother.' 

Maybe this was the wrong time to do this. But George quickly added two and two together… and burst into tears. He quickly nuzzled his head into Ponks chest, not wanting to see the light of day. 

"Oh god…" Ponk whispered, aiming it toward Sam. "Georgie you'll be okay." He huffed, trying to bounce the sadness out of the Prince.

"The baby is going make- ou forget about me!" George whined, into Ponks arms, holding him tight.

"Baby boy…" Sam sighed, walking behind Ponk, looking over his shoulder to face the hiding boy.
"I promise you never in a million years will we treat either of you differently. You're going to be an amazing big brother. Teaching them all great stuff. They'll be looking up to you." 

Sam smiled, George looking teary eyed up at his father. "I no want any brothers or sisters! I only want daddy and papa!" 
The prince cried one again, resting his head on Ponks shoulder.

Boy was this conversation going to be long.