13th January 2022

13th January 2022

Au-???

Ship- Schlattity 

Idea- exam results

521 words

It was a rather stressful and nerve racking day for Schlatt. Somehow results day had rolled around… this had happened rather fast. Schlatt remembered days ago sitting the exam. I guess he had forgotten about it.
Schlatt sat at his computer, clicking over to the tap that his college emails would usually flow through, and he had another tab open where he was stress playing chess against the computer.

He glanced down at the clock of his laptop, realizing that the time was five am. Probably way too early for anything to be happening in the world, but when you were under that stressful mindset, a minute felt like five. Time was only a concept.

Maybe he wasn't being very considerate about the other sleeping people in the same room as him. But the quiet- loud- clicks and clacks of the keyboard being frantically smashed could be soothing… or not-

-

The disturbing noises had woken the other sleeping member in the bed, who happened to be Schlatts' other half. 
The shorter let out a huff, lifting his head slowly to look in the direction of the noise and the strong blinding light. He didn't really expect anything different. This is just how Schlatt deals with things.

Quackity threw the comforter off of his body, feeling a chill settle over him. Well- that was his own fault for wearing minimal clothes to bed.

Schlatt was too 'in the zone' to notice his boyfriend was behind him. Until the tap on the shoulder. The male jumped, spinning around facing him. "What are you doing up? Go back to sleep." Schlatt hushed, waving his arms toward the bed.

"You're the one that needs to go to bed." Quackity yawned, eyeing up Schlatts' lap before taking a seat. "You want to talk?"

The taller let out a much needed sigh, giving the other a nod. "It's just nerves. I've worked so hard for this and I guess I'm worried that I'm gonna fail… I don't want that dread." He spoke, feeling Quackity pull him into a hug.

"And if you do fail? What's the worst that'll happen? You'll just have to retake it." Quackity nodded. Placing his hands on Schlatt's shoulders. "Let's take your mind off it anyways. Snuggles?" He smiled, removing himself from his boyfriend's lap, walking back over to the bed. 

Schlatt rolled his eyes. "I mean… I guess you're right. I think I've passed though."He nodded, following Quackity back to bed. "Is this just because you're cOld." Quackity had placed his icy feet on Schlatt's bare legs.

-

Quackity had done his job right. He had managed to distract his boyfriend from the dreaded email. 
The two were sitting on the couch, snuggled up together, when Schlatt realized that he hadn't had a notification for the email. 

He pulled his phone from his pocket, going over to the email app. And seeing that he had an email from the college. 
Schlatt opened the email, sharply inhaling. 

He had failed.

 All his hard work was pointless. Useless. And to say Schlatt was pissed was an understatement. He did the only rational thing. Cried.

-

This was reflected on my results today. Yes I failed. And yes I cried. Woo!