19th January 2022

19th January 2022

Ship- Awesamponk

Au- Royal

Idea- Cat allergies 

541 Words

-

As a male that was... rather allergic to a specific feline kind, you would expect that no cat would live in a house, castle, with him. Well that was the plan.  And the plan was working, until Sam's oldest son, George, begged the two kings for a feline companion for his next birthday.
-
"No." Sam replied abruptly. "You know my opinion on those... things!" He raised his voice slipping under the comforter, moving his legs from side to side to perform some kinetic energy for heat... always needed.
"I get that your allergies will play up-" Ponk muttered, flossing his teeth, spitting the excess saliva into the sink. "And I understand that the cat and Fran will probably not get along. But that's their genes." Ponk sighed, petting Fran head as it perked at the sound of her name. "But would you rather have George, your own son, be happy that you let him get a cat. Or have no cat because you're being a selfish father toward him?" The king questioned slipping into bed next to his husband.
"Okay now you've just put it in a difficult situation for me." Sam rolled his eyes, edging toward Ponk. "You know what you're doing. And you know it's working. Can we drop the topic? It's nowhere near November. Lets... talk about it closer to the time." Sam yawned, gently kissing Ponk on his exposed cheek. 
"Love yoooou!" Sam dragged out, following his usual routine.
"Yeah yeah, love you too." Ponk smiled, following suit.
Neither of the Kings knew that both their sons were doing something rather unexpected of the two. 
George held a glass cup to the door, his ear against the other listening to his parents' conversation. It was just the cat business! His brother, Quackity, stood eagerly next to the dark-haired male, ready to know the outcome. 
George gave Quackity a large grin and a nod, both happily going back to their room to sleep.
-
As expected, the cat conversation continued the next morning... sadly Sam had lost the battle. 
Ponk had left quickly moments after that conversation to scout out the cutest kitties at the pet shop.
-
George's birthday had arrived. It had arrived way too fast for Sam's liking. 
The stupid cat. 
-
Sam sat with the rest of his family, down in the living room wishing George a happy birthday. And then it happened.
"So George." Ponk started, as he glanced over at Sam who Continued to stare back at Ponk. Holding a tight, worrying grip on Frans leash.
"Me and your father have been discussing... and as you requested. We're letting you get a cat!" 
There it was. 
Sam blocked out all the cheering as his mind clouded over. Too many things were wrong. Too hot. Not enough air. Can't breathe.
The king abruptly stood up, quickly walking out of the room and to the closest door that led to the outside. He took a seat, leaning against the castle wall, Fran knowing the ritual by now, pushed her side into Sam's hand
-
Ponk let out a scuffed sighed. "Can you two go get ready, I'm going to help your father. Sorry about this George." He huffed, rushing out of the castle to help his panicking husband.