14th January 2022

14th January 2022

Au- Hogwarts 

Ship- Awesamponk 

Idea- feeling like a failure 

549 words

Ponk sat in the grand library. A few books were scattered around the worn out male. He stared at his books, his mind flashing back to a few days ago.

-

The results for a big exam, that Ponk had been working on in months of preparation, were being released. He sat in his class the envelope that he had just been gifted by his teacher, laid lifeless on his desk. Students around him were opening up their letters, celebrating at the pass that they had got, or shrugging at the fail they had received.

Ponk slowly peeled the sticky tab of the envelope open, removing the folded piece of paper inside. He took a sharp breath in and opened the paper. His eyes quickly scanned around the paper, finding the grade he had got a 3. A fucking 3. (A four being a pass).
His chocolate colored eyes filled like a pool. He quickly brought his robe to his eyes, wiping the tears away. His eyes darted down to the mark that he got. 63. The pass number was 68. Five points off. 

Yeah that was a lot of frustration and tears.

-

Back to Ponks studying. Or lack of studying.
Ponk put his forehead on the table staring down at his pristine white shoes. He felt tears run down his cheeks, launching themselves, willingly, onto the wooden floor. Ponk just wanted to disappear. He felt like a disappointment to everyone. Including himself.

The quiet steps merged into the loud screaming and running around the halls. First years. A large hand made its way to Ponks back. Giving him a sympathy pat. 

The crying male lifted his head up, his eyes moving up to see the tall Slytherin standing next to him. This just made the tears fall faster. "Saaaaam." Ponk squeaked out, standing from his chair and wrapping his arms around his boyfriend.

"I know Ponkie. I know." Sam sympathised, gently patting Ponks back. The taller one slowly took off his partner's mask. Discarding it in his pocket. "You did so well. I'm really proud of you." Sam quietly spoke, giving a soft kiss to Ponks forehead.

"But I didn't do good enough. I would've passed!" The Gryffindor cried, wrapping his arms around Sam's waist.

"Come on." Sam sighed, shifting Ponk over to a chair. The taller pulled the shorter onto his lap, resting his chin on top of his head.
"As your boyfriend I've obviously got to congratulate you. But seriously Ponk, you chose one of the hardest subjects to study. And you were so close to passing. And I'm so so so proud of you. I don't know how you do it." Sam grinned, gently patting Ponks knees. "I can only do the basics and Tommy taught me most of it. You've got a smart mind. So don't let this stupid exam get you down. I bet when you retake it you'll pass! And I'll be so extremely proud of you. I don't want you to beat yourself up too much about it. Next week- you'll laugh about how silly you were being! I promise it'll be okay. I'm with you every step of the way."

Ponk gave Sam a short nod. "Thank you. So much. I needed that."

"That's what I'm here for. It's no trouble."

-

This is also based on my events of today! God it sucked