25th January 2022

25th January 2022 

Au- school Au

Ship- mentions of Awesamponk and Dreamnotfound 

Idea- Tommy being taken to school (work) by George.

572 words

-

"You ready for your first day at school with me, Tommy?" George questioned, slipping his satchel over his shoulder. Watching as his son, Tommy, stuck his arms through his mini backpack. 

The adult scooped up his son, Tommy clinging to his father's chest, as he carried him into the large building.

Tommy wasn't so used to the school atmosphere. Or being up that early in general. 
The youngen usually rolled out of bed at eight. His other father, who had the luxury of working from home, dropped him off at a daycare three times a week. 

He had entered the school building before. But in a different experience. And only for an hour. 

This was genuinely his first time, and the first full (half) day at school. First time spending time with people older than him (other than adults). There's a first for everything.

-

Just minutes before George began to start letting in his students, Tommy had fallen asleep. He's a toddler. It was acceptable. George removed his sweater, ruffling down his shirt and wrapping Tommy in the material. Laying the youngin on his lap as his class began.

The students bounded into the room, getting situated at their desks. 
"Hey Sir? Is that a child?" One student commented. Throwing their bag onto the floor with a thud.

"I mean- he's not fake. Just napping." George nodded, watching as Tommy twitched at the echoed noise.

The fact that a child happened to be in the classroom caught the attention of most of the students.

"Is he yours?!"

"Yes... obviously."

"You have a wife?"

"No. I'm married. To a man. Is that not obvious?"

"Wake it up."

"You'll do that in a minute if you people don't shut up."

Yeah- that was a long morning. How do people have so much energy at eight in the morning? I mean I can-

-

The first few lessons went slow. Of course they did. Ten am slowly rolled around. And that was the time George enjoyed the most. Peace.

The teacher had a free period during that time slot, so he took his time marking papers and trying to distract Tommy.

-

"Daaaaaady!" Tommy whined, running around the classroom in boredom. He skidded around the room, falling into a few tables every now and then.

"Tommy I can't concentrate-" George huffed. Rising from his chair and picking up his hyperactive son. Tommy squirmed in George's arms. Begging to be put down.
George complied with a huff, placing Tommy on the floor, crouching down next to him.
"You've got two hours till Grampy comes to pick you up. How about... you draw something for him and Pops?"

Tommy gasped at that idea. Very excited to start his drawing.

-

It had been around an hour and thirty minutes and a knock on George's classroom door distracted his teaching.
"Uhm, come in." George announced as the figure moved into the classroom.
"Oh my god." The male muttered, covering his face.

On the other hand, Tommy had gotten out of his seat and ran over to his grandfather. Giving him a hug.

"Sir? Who is that?" A student had questioned, looking at the rather tall man. 

"That's my d-"

"Georgies my son!" Sam smiled, moving further into the classroom and taking the seat Tommy had previously been occupying.

"What was he like as a child?!"

"Does he have any Siblings?"

"Was he an emo teenager?"

And the questions flowed like water.